Evening Chic on eclipse Baltic cruise

golffore2001

How dressed up are people on the Evening Chic nights? We are also sailing in the Baltic.

You'll see people in everything. A small percentage in formal wear-tuxes and very dressy dresses, most men in a jacket and women in a cocktail dress, some men will be in collared button downs and dress pants and women in more casual dresses or nice pants outfits.

I like to dress up because I don't often have the opportunity anymore and hubby will go along with me and will wear a tux.

For our Mediterranean Cruise this fall, we have decided to dress a bit more casually and hubby is going to bring a jacket and a tie and I'm going to wear a cocktail dress.

I believe it is 1 chic night for cruise 6 days or less, 2 for 7-12 nights and 3 for anything over that (13+). So depending on the length of cruise this will probably be 2 or 3. For evening chic you can just do cocktail dresses that might take less room than gowns. Have a great trip!

If you don't want to bring cocktail dresses and the accompanying shoes, handbags, etc., you will be fine with slacks/skirt and a dressy top or even a nice sundress. I wore a shimmery top with black pants on a Med cruise last year and was fine. DH wore a jacket without tie but could have just worn a nice long-sleeved collared shirt and been ok.

The idea of chic nights (as I understand it) is to allow folks who want to dress up the opportunity to do so. But those who prefer to wear essentially the same stuff as on other nights -- maybe slightly dressier -- can do that.

I would say that European or Asian cruses tend to be dressier than Caribbean or Alaska, but that's a broad generalization and thus not always true.

We had 2 "chic nights" on our recent Eclipse cruise to the Baltics, both on sea days. In my opinion there is no need to bring cocktail dresses we found them to be quite informal compared to other cruises that we have been on. It will help with packing next time we sail with Celebrity.

We had 2 "chic nights" on our recent Eclipse cruise to the Baltics, both on sea days. In my opinion there is no need to bring cocktail dresses we found them to be quite informal compared to other cruises that we have been on. It will help with packing next time we sail with Celebrity.

What nights were Chic? Want to book Murano.

Thanks.

How dressed up are people on the Evening Chic nights? We are also sailing in the Baltic.

Fairly dressed up. It's true you'll see everything from smart / casual to tuxes. The Baltic cruises tend to attract a more mature European crowd who will be more dressy than you'll find on a typical Caribbean cruise.

There were 3 formal nights on our 14 night Baltic sailing.

From website appears their should be 2, but friends say there may be 3. Any info on number of nights would be helpful.

We were just on the June 19th Eclipse Baltic cruise and there were two "Chic" nights. The majority of people in Select dining on our sailing were not that dressed up - we felt overdressed and on our next longer sailing we will dress more comfortably .... it is much easier to pack when the airline allows only 50 lbs. per checked bag from the USA....