What Pier does Oasis dock at when arriving in San Juan?

ryzmom

Also when in San Juan, what is the closest Fort to the Dock? Just trying to determine the closest Fort to get to quickly since we are only there until 1 pm (I say, all aboard around noon). Thanks Friends!

Also when in San Juan, what is the closest Fort to the Dock? Just trying to determine the closest Fort to get to quickly since we are only there until 1 pm (I say, all aboard around noon). Thanks Friends!

RCI will always day port at the Old Town pier.

El Morro.

San Cristobal is much closer... less than half the distance of El Morro from the pier . Don't believe me...check the walking distance on Google Maps.

Thanks for the correction....However...RCI will "always" (not usually) day port at the Old Town pier...they have never been known to deviate from this so far ;)

Thanks for the correction....However...RCI will "always" (not usually) day port at the Old Town pier...they have never been known to deviate from this so far ;)

So you're 100% sure that no Royal Caribbean cruise has ever made a port call at Pan American and none will ever do so in the future? I don't know of any that have, you don't know of any that have, but I certainly haven't tracked every cruise that has ever docked in San Juan, nor do I know what might happen in the future, and I suspect that applies to you too.

I'm just reluctant to apply 100% certainty to something I can't possibly be 100% certain about. In particular my ability to predict the future is considerably less than perfect, hence my use of the word "should" rather than "will".

I was told on another forum that RC left from the Pan Am port? Which is the correct answer???

For cruises that start in San Juan, PanAm is the pier.

While it is possible that the day port there, we’ve never seen that. It’s far more likely to port in Old San Juan. We’d plan around porting there for all of our plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you're 100% sure that no Royal Caribbean cruise has ever made a port call at Pan American and none will ever do so in the future? I don't know of any that have, you don't know of any that have, but I certainly haven't tracked every cruise that has ever docked in San Juan, nor do I know what might happen in the future, and I suspect that applies to you too.

I'm just reluctant to apply 100% certainty to something I can't possibly be 100% certain about. In particular my ability to predict the future is considerably less than perfect, hence my use of the word "should" rather than "will".

Yikes ...:eek:

Yikes ...:eek:

You can "yikes" all you want but on at least two cruises my ship has ended up docking at a different cruise terminal than the cruise line normally uses (and told us they would be using) because there were so many ships in port that the local port authorities reshuffled the docking arrangements. In one instance a ship that was supposed to dock at Havensight in St. Thomas docked at Crown Bay instead (and even worse I've seen it so crowded that all ships weren't even able to dock and had to anchor and tender their passengers) .

In the other case we were docked at a different pier in Cozumel (I don't recall the names). On the Cozumel cruise the cruise line even handed out incorrect port maps the night before because they were caught off guard as they weren't advised of the docking change until very late in the game.

So, it's happened elsewhere and could happen in San Juan.

You can "yikes" all you want but on at least two cruises my ship has ended up docking at a different cruise terminal than the cruise line normally uses (and told us they would be using) because there were so many ships in port that the local port authorities reshuffled the docking arrangements. In one instance a ship that was supposed to dock at Havensight in St. Thomas docked at Crown Bay instead (and even worse I've seen it so crowded that all ships weren't even able to dock and had to anchor and tender their passengers) .

In the other case we were docked at a different pier in Cozumel (I don't recall the names). On the Cozumel cruise the cruise line even handed out incorrect port maps the night before because they were caught off guard as they weren't advised of the docking change until very late in the game.

So, it's happened elsewhere and could happen in San Juan.

No need to keep up your ranting ... change lanes and move on ... you've made "your" point ... Peace Out !

So sorry that my initial question turned into this.

We will be on Oasis for our Day 5 and it will port in San Juan from 7 am - 1 pm, so we will not be leaving from San Juan on the cruise.

So, I just trying to determine which Fort is closer to visit. I am hoping to visit both if time permits.

We will be on Oasis for our Day 5 and it will port in San Juan from 7 am - 1 pm, so we will not be leaving from San Juan on the cruise.

So, I just trying to determine which Fort is closer to visit. I am hoping to visit both if time permits.

If you're in moderately good health, you can easily walk both forts in the time you're in port with room to spare. Note that it is a bit of a strenuous walk up to El Morro, especially if you're in the middle of the summer. Be sure to bring some waters off the ship and stay hydrated. :)

Absolutely nothing to apologize for ... some just can't seem to let it go even after a "thanks for the correction" I've been wrong many times before since I cruise so much it's easy to confuse somethings...usually once the correction is pointed out...no big deal...for other's they just keep ranting on and on ...making for an uncomfortable situation.

If you end up having time to get to El Morro take a look at the cemetery..interesting.

Enjoy your cruise...We can't wait for our B2B in September.

• 4 weeks later...
If you're in moderately good health, you can easily walk both forts in the time you're in port with room to spare. Note that it is a bit of a strenuous walk up to El Morro, especially if you're in the middle of the summer. Be sure to bring some waters off the ship and stay hydrated. :)

Also depending the time of year, the walk can be brutally hot. You are going uphill all the way from the Port. To be fair we always Vacation the last 2 weeks of August. Yeah .... just a tad hot from walking!;p We'll be there briefly, on a cruise this year instead of a land vacation. Personally, I'm paying a taxi driver/Uber to get up to OSJ.

:) Bobbi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

Panamerican Pier, is the home port of RCCL Inc, and its subsidiaries, but for home port cruises. Old San Juan Piers 1-6 are for visiting cruises, because they are right there in Old San Juan, only time a cruise ship is sent to the Panam Pier when visiting, (Very Rare), is because the Old San Juan Piers are full, that may happened once in the year and during winter time, again, very very rare.

The way to see Old San Juan is starting from Paseo de la Princesa entering thru the San Juan Door, the oldest door in Old San Juan and the only access in the past from the sea to the Walled city, from there see the Rogativa and La Fortaleza, oldest building in the Americas where the Governor Lives, the head to Castillo Del Morro. If there is one fort to skip is San Cristobal, San Felipe del Morro have more history and things to see, from the wall you can see the Old San Juan Cemetery one of the oldest of the Americas, on your way down to the pier you will see the rest of Old San Juan because you have to cross it to get down to the Pier.

Hope you enjoy it San Juan.

Hello:

Panamerican Pier, is the home port of RCCL Inc, and its subsidiaries, but for home port cruises. Old San Juan Piers 1-6 are for visiting cruises, because they are right there in Old San Juan, only time a cruise ship is sent to the Panam Pier when visiting, (Very Rare), is because the Old San Juan Piers are full, that may happened once in the year and during winter time, again, very very rare.

The way to see Old San Juan is starting from Paseo de la Princesa entering thru the San Juan Door, the oldest door in Old San Juan and the only access in the past from the sea to the Walled city, from there see the Rogativa and La Fortaleza, oldest building in the Americas where the Governor Lives, the head to Castillo Del Morro. If there is one fort to skip is San Cristobal, San Felipe del Morro have more history and things to see, from the wall you can see the Old San Juan Cemetery one of the oldest of the Americas, on your way down to the pier you will see the rest of Old San Juan because you have to cross it to get down to the Pier.

Thank you so very much for posting this...I agree completely and the exact reasons I gave a similar answer in my postings above.

Thank you so very much for posting this...I agree completely and the exact reasons I gave a similar answer in my postings above.

Hope you read the post carefully before you patted yourself on the back. If so you've apparently finally accepted the fact that Royal Caribbean doesn't always dock in Old San Juan on a port call and that once in a while, as rare as it might be, they have to dock at Pan American.

Hope you read the post carefully before you patted yourself on the back. If so you've apparently finally accepted the fact that Royal Caribbean doesn't always dock in Old San Juan on a port call and that once in a while, as rare as it might be, they have to dock at Pan American.

My key word was "similar". I was expecting you to ramp back up :rolleyes:

Thanks for not disappointing !

My key word was "similar". I was expecting you to ramp back up :rolleyes:

Thanks for not disappointing !

I suggest you read your posts (# 3 and 5), which are not "similar", and are simply wrong, as the poster verified. You said Royal Caribbean always docked in Old San Juan and never deviated from that. You were wrong.

Feel free to continue ignoring what you wrote and claiming you said something different. I won't waste my time replying to anything further you say about this.

Here are your exact words in post #5 in response to my post : " RCI will "always" (not usually) day port at the Old Town pier...they have never been known to deviate from this so far ."

Edited by njhorseman

I suggest you read your posts (# 3 and 5), which are not "similar", and are simply wrong, as the poster verified. You said Royal Caribbean always docked in Old San Juan and never deviated from that. You were wrong.

Feel free to continue ignoring what you wrote and claiming you said something different. I won't waste my time replying to anything further you say about this.

Here are your exact words in post #5 in response to my post : " RCI will "always" (not usually) day port at the Old Town pier...they have never been known to deviate from this so far ."

You "win" not going to debate with you any longer absolutely not necessary.

Happy, healthy, safe travels to you.

Hello:

Great information! Thank you, Dawn