New Ports?

Friends we cruise with are feeling the same as us. Same ole, same ole. So we booked a journey cruise in February that goes to St. Croix, Guadelope, Martinique, Barbados, Tortola, Antigua and St. Marrten

This cruise will be our 25th and we have only been to 3 of these islands in the past.

There are cruises out there to different ports. Then other times, it not about the ports for us. It's just nice to get away and enjoy the ship.

We're on the same 2/16/19 cruise that you're on. We're also doing the 7-day week before because we wanted longer than 12 days. Our new ports will be St. Croix, Guadalupe, and Barbados. This past year we were on the 14-day Journey's cruise from Baltimore. New ports were Martinique (replacement for Dominica which was too damaged by hurricane) and Grenada.

We had a Northern Europe (England, Norway, Germany, Belgium) cruise booked, but had a change of plans. We’d still like to take this cruise in the future. As for bucket lists, I would love to see some penguins on a South America/Antarctica cruise and do a world cruise segment or 45+ day grand voyage.

We are going to do the Panama Canal partial transit this November. It includes new ports for us from Galveston. Costa Rica, Columbia, Curacao, Aruba, 4 new ports for us. We are excited they started doing this from Galveston. 14 days.

Somehow we've missed St Martin/St Marteen and I wish we'd been able to experience it pre-hurricane. It's still on the bucket list but I've moved it down a few slots! Very thankful we got to experience both Dominica and Tortola pre-hurricane.

Top of the bucket list and completely unreasonable are the South Pacific Islands. Never gonna happen, I have no rich uncles and don't play the lottery! :D

Less unreasonable are Hawaii and West Coast/Western Mexico and a Panama Canal cruise. Might happen, probably won't but one can dream!

I've been to most Caribbean ports, Europe and the Med don't interest me and for whatever reason DH has resisted Alaska, so I'm sort of left with where would I like a repeat performance? Those are easy and hopefully I'll get to make them again. They were all shining stars in my mind!

In no particular order:

Aruba

Curacao

LaRomana DR (not interested in Amber Cove)

Costa Maya (solely for a repeat performance at Maya Chan)

Tortola

Dominica

St Croix

St Lucia

I wouldn't mind visiting Lebanon, Kansas.

If some get tired of occasionally visited a port for a few hours, I wonder how they can stand going home night after night?

Is that one of the ports on the cruise from Cleveland, OH?

I wouldn't mind if Carnival visited some Caribbean ports more often, like Grenada, Martinique, Barbados, Curacao, Bon Aire, or St Croix. Longer Journey cruises could have some of these on their itineraries.

However, Carnival sticks to the familiar, based on its passenger demographic.

Great list!

I wouldn't mind if Carnival visited some Caribbean ports more often, like Grenada, Martinique, Barbados, Curacao, Bon Aire, or St Croix. Longer Journey cruises could have some of these on their itineraries.

However, Carnival sticks to the familiar, based on its passenger demographic.

Carnival has some nice Journey cruise itineraries. There is one next May from NY round trip doing a partial Panama Canal. So for folks like us who don't want to fly this is perfect. The Carnival Pride out of Baltimore is doing most of these ports on Journey cruises.

Friends we cruise with are feeling the same as us. Same ole, same ole. So we booked a journey cruise in February that goes to St. Croix, Guadelope, Martinique, Barbados, Tortola, Antigua and St. Marrten

This cruise will be our 25th and we have only been to 3 of these islands in the past.

There are cruises out there to different ports. Then other times, it not about the ports for us. It's just nice to get away and enjoy the ship.

We came very close to booking this cruise! Friends of ours will be on it and we found out about it from them. Unfortunately, we just won't be able to do it (not enough vacation time that many days in a row). :( The reason we almost booked, besides our friends being on it, is for the same reasons you mentioned, Carnival's itineraries are same ole, same ole. This would be a great chance to get to some of the islands not on regular itineraries. We all love the southern itinerary out of San Juan and have done it twice fairly recently, but it's the same itinerary. Four of the islands would be new to us (St. Croix; Guadeloupe; Antigua; and Tortola). We were in Martinique in 1992 and from my memory (not many pictures...film camera), it was beautiful and I'd love to get back. Since it was so long ago, Martinique would basically be new island for us.

To answer the OP's question, I'll make it simple. Any Caribbean island that we haven't been to before. ;)

We are going to do the Panama Canal partial transit this November. It includes new ports for us from Galveston. Costa Rica, Columbia, Curacao, Aruba, 4 new ports for us. We are excited they started doing this from Galveston. 14 days.

You missed the 21 day cruises from Galveston back in 2015 & 2016, actually it was 2 cruises, 11 and 10 days, but we did B2B.

Visited Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Martinique, St Maarten & San Juan 11 days.

Then St Thomas, St Kitts, St Maarten, Antiqua, Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay Bahamas, 10 days back to Galveston.

11 new ports were awesome to visit from Galveston.

Did the 14 day Panama Canal cruise October 2017 Visited Jamaica, Aruba, Curacao, Colombia, Panama Canal, Costa Rica & Cozumel.

I hope Carnival will offer more Journey's cruises from Galveston. Love new ports too.

We are running out of Caribbean Ports to go to on Carnival as their itineraris as well as NCL, and Royal tend to be 80% the same and tiresome. We found a great Southern cruise for 2020 on Celebrity. It goes to St Croix, St Johns, Barbados, St Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent. You aren't going there on Carnival and why we travel all cruise lines. Carnival is limited. Even though it's pricier on Celebrity and a 12 day, the only way to get to better more exotic places is to sail the more expensive cruise lines.

I am very happy to be going on the eastern Caribbean itinerary on Horizon next March. We will be visiting Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. Of those I've only been to St. Maarten and it was my favorite port and I already booked the same snorkeling excursion, and my boyfriend has never snorkeled in open waters so I can't wait to share that with him. I am also tired of the same old places. I've been to Nassau so many times. Obviously any day on a beach in Nassau is still better than a day at work but when I'm spending all my savings on a trip something new and exciting is always good. This trip is new boat and new itinerary.

Top of my list of places I want to go is Aruba, I'd love to do an ABC cruise.

We are running out of Caribbean Ports to go to on Carnival as their itineraris as well as NCL, and Royal tend to be 80% the same and tiresome. We found a great Southern cruise for 2020 on Celebrity. It goes to St Croix, St Johns, Barbados, St Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent. You aren't going there on Carnival and why we travel all cruise lines. Carnival is limited. Even though it's pricier on Celebrity and a 12 day, the only way to get to better more exotic places is to sail the more expensive cruise lines.

To be fair, I pulled up a (fairly) similar itinerary on Carniva for 12 days: St Croix, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, St. Maarten, Tortola. It is also $1199. How much more is that Celebrity cruise? How much more exotic is it?

To be fair, I pulled up a (fairly) similar itinerary on Carniva for 12 days: St Croix, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, St. Maarten, Tortola. It is also $1199. How much more is that Celebrity cruise? How much more exotic is it?
I also looked at this Carnival cruise before booking the Celebrity...... We are a cruising family of four, 2 kids. Base price (no grats) for a balcony on this Carnival with Cheers beverage package for 12 days was $6700. 11 day on Celebrity Silhouette in a premium balcony for 4 with 2 classic drink packages was $6100 which I booked. Essentially the Celebrity is $600 cheaper than the Carnival although 12 days. We felt we were getting a much better ship, way fancier and newer on the Silhouette and it's Celebrity. you're going quite a step up with service and food as well. Much better deal overall on Celebrity. How much more exotic? Well we wanted Grenada and St. Vincent as we have been to Tortola and St Maarten already. Both cruises had 7 ports but to sail Celebrity over carnival was a no brainer and cheaper. If you don't purchase Cheers you'll save almost $1400 but we buy it and love our cocktails. Again, those brices were balconies on both, not sure about inside cabin comparison pricing. Carnival is not always cheaper contrary to the beliefs of many on this forum.