How to select your own cabin on new website.

VMax1700

It is quite a difficult process to select your own cabin or change from a guarantee cabin to one of your own choice. Not user friendly.

So, you have selected your cruise and input the number of pax etc and you are on the 'Your Summary' page with the option to 'Checkout' at the top right corner. So, scroll down the page until you see 'Your Stateroom' and a blue band showing the stateroom category and the option to 'Change Stateroom'.

Click on the 'Change Stateroom'.

On the next screen you have the options 'Let us select your stateroom' and 'You select your stateroom'. Select 'You select your stateroom'.

On the next screen at the left side there are 4 options (stateroom category; location; deck; stateroom number) and an 'Edit' button.

The Edit button for Stateroom category lets you change the category or sub category (eg Obstructed veranda to Spa Veranda or Signature suite etc.) The Edit button for Location permits you to select Forward, Mid or Aft (providing that the category you have selected has available cabins in the location). The Edit button for deck will give you the option to select the deck providing that the category you have selected has available inventory in that deck and location.

If you select the Edit button for Stateroom number it will show you the available stateroom plan.

There is one important thing to note! After changing a selection or making a new selection it is necessary to click on the 'NEXT STEP' button. Only one selection at a time can be made and the 'NEXT STEP' button must be clicked after each change.

When you have selected the desired stateroom click on 'Save Changes'.

It is an infuriatingly slow process, but if you remember to click on 'NEXT STEP' after every single selection, you will get there!

Thanks for posting the detailed instructions. That's exactly what I did and had no problems comparing prices for several locations per ship on several cruises before deciding which to book. I am a VERY slow keyboarder, so I was hoping someone else would post how to do it.

It is important to remember to Save Changes as well as to continue go to the Next Step.

The process certainly could have been designed better with fewer screens but, as with all Websites, we have to work with what is available.

Yep. Save Change and Next Step are key. And even taking those precautions and following these steps, I have experienced a lot of odd issues. Disappearing cabins. Cruise selection filter issues ( filters just get wiped clean) . Switching cruises on me while looking up cabins.

I have been a computer user since the age of 9 and am pretty interwebz savvy but this website is not very intuitive, it's buggy, and seems to need a good IT overhaul. I am not averse to change nor the new format and look, just the execution. No website selling cruises should take this much fiddling around to get to the point where you actually are doing business. And no website should make me that uncertain about transactions and whether or not they actually went through. Make it as easy and comfortable for customers to give you their money. Good rule for commerce.

Given the state of HAL's website, I would hesitate to book my cruise on it, but rather would speak to a TA or HAL PCC directly. Plus, keep in mind that the website does not show you all the cabins available in your category (they use a maximum of 10) and very often the ones they do show you seem to be the less desirable ones in the category (kind of like us old grocers who always push the older product to the front of the shelf).

These instructions are great...if the website cooperates. Quite often, for me, the Let Us Select/Let Me Select page never shows up. I get shifted to a page that gives options for different cabin categories in the guarantee option, i.e. Veranda, Obstructed or Veranda, Aft. But no matter how many times I try I can never get to the Let Me Select page.

Starting to look at Viking cruises.

Edited by Reagan0712
Spelling

Definitely do not like the need to click through about 12 screens to locate a cabin and then have to start all over for a price comparison. Have learned to look for cabins on a user friendly website and key in the cabin of choice. Definitely speeds up the website cabin selection process.

Next and saving doesn’t always work either.

At least there has been some improvement over the past couple weeks as they do - sometimes- address issues if you use the feedback button. They hadn’t yet corrected the Boston to Tampa photo for a FLL- FLL Cruise. The search engine picks up the photo route not the actual cruise.

the new web site is really a waste of time. Whoever designed it seems never to have taken a cruise or used the HAL site in the past. It's as bad a design as the new Pinnacle ships. It's much easier to call them or a travel agent.As a 5* I just won't bother trying to find any information on line.

the new web site is really a waste of time. Whoever designed it seems never to have taken a cruise or used the HAL site in the past. It's as bad a design as the new Pinnacle ships. It's much easier to call them or a travel agent.As a 5* I just won't bother trying to find any information on line.

I agree that the new website is horrible ... I have written software for fifty years including web development for the last ten years and not often seen something this atrocious.

harry

Definitely do not like the need to click through about 12 screens to locate a cabin and then have to start all over for a price comparison. Have learned to look for cabins on a user friendly website and key in the cabin of choice. Definitely speeds up the website cabin selection process.

If you go to the site for the second largest retailer in the world (big box store which sells cruises so I won't give their name), they have a very good site that will show you all available cabins in each category.

If you go to the site for the second largest retailer in the world (big box store which sells cruises so I won't give their name), they have a very good site that will show you all available cabins in each category.

I tried their (XXX) website but it only gave me 8 cabins in the category that I was looking at, and I know (from the HAL site) that there are many more. Also, even in the XXX site I found more cabins when I entered a specific cabin number to check availability.

I like the XXX website, but unfortunately it (like several others I have checked) does not give you ALL of the cabins open in a specific category.