Any idea of when Symphony invites for inagurals will be sent?

When the Symphony comes to Miami the media TA's and higher Pinnacles receive invites for 2 two day inaugural cruises before she stars regular 7 day cruises Nov 17.

I myself am also hoping to receive an invite as i have been invited to last three inaugural cruises and have booked Nov 17 cruise and keeping my fingres crossed. If anyone has received an invite (TA's) please post.

By November she will be 8 months old. Her first revenue sailing was 3/31/18. So it’s hardly an inaugural...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have they done christening ceremony yet.

The Med cruises are shakedowns. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How are invitations determined?
Not sure. Probably an algorithm to determine who they will piss off the most if they aren't included.

Call your TA and ask for an invite.

From past inaugurals, I think they start with the Pinnacles with the highest number of points and work their way down the list as they get refusals.
Symphony holds 6,500 passengers. Not that many PC members. [emoji6]

If the last few are any indication, almost all of the spots go to travel professionals and people related to the cruise line. Very few Pinnacles invited. Those that are invited ARE asked based on highest number of points.

Not true with highest Pins first.

We were on the 2 day April inaugural and they invited low Pins with just 700 points and high Pins with no obvious systematics. A lot of high Pins with 1000+ were indeed pi$$..

Also at first they only invited Brits. After massive complaints they later hesitantly invited other European continental Pins as well

The ship was not sailing at full capacity many staterooms , mostly insides and ocean view left empty. They mostly invited international bloggers ( a lot from the yuppie bloggers later criticized RCCL for commissioning an environmental harmful ship; as could be read in the press/www here) and European TAs.

Another sample for Marketing at its best.....

Edited by salmonoftheseas

Not true with highest Pins first.

We were on the 2 day April inaugural and they invited low Pins with just 700 points and high Pins with no obvious systematics. A lot of high Pins with 1000+ were indeed pi$$..

Also at first they only invited Brits. After massive complaints they later hesitantly invited other European continental Pins as well

The ship was not sailing at full capacity many staterooms , mostly insides and ocean view left empty. They mostly invited international bloggers ( a lot from the yuppie bloggers later criticized RCCL for commissioning an environmental harmful ship; as could be read in the press/www here) and European TAs.

Another sample for Marketing at its best.....

They also invited D+ who were booked on the cruise afterwards (in suites) so they could make it a B2B....irrespective of points, ahead of PC!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were two pre inaugurals - one was March 27th til 29th/31st from Malaga to Barcelona. Media was on for two nights, rest was RCI sales people who stayed onboard til the 31st (not cruising). The second was April 5th til 7th mainly for European travel agents. There Pinnacles were invited too (but Europe only). The christening will be in Miami and there should be another 2 nighter at least for US travel agents, US/CA Pinnacles and US media (some were on March 27th already).

steamboats

There were two pre inaugurals - one was March 27th til 29th/31st from Malaga to Barcelona. Media was on for two nights, rest was RCI sales people who stayed onboard til the 31st (not cruising). The second was April 5th til 7th mainly for European travel agents. There Pinnacles were invited too (but Europe only). The christening will be in Miami and there should be another 2 nighter at least for US travel agents, US/CA Pinnacles and US media (some were on March 27th already).

steamboats

What did she do from April 1 to 5

I thought they could no longer do the “cruise to nowhere pre-inaugural” in the US. Did they do any PIs for Harmony?
They could easily stop in Freeport if needed

When the Symphony comes to Miami the media TA's and higher Pinnacles receive invites for 2 two day inaugural cruises before she stars regular 7 day cruises Nov 17.

I myself am also hoping to receive an invite as i have been invited to last three inaugural cruises and have booked Nov 17 cruise and keeping my fingres crossed. If anyone has received an invite (TA's) please post.

My Travel Agent and her husband will be aboard Symphony out of Miami--for what is, I believe, the Christening cruise--on 9 November; we're having dinner the night before... Invitation was extended in late April/early May...