Ocean view rooms Infinity

killarneylady

Hi, thinking of booking cat 06 ocean view for Dec sailing on infinity. 3 people. We usually travel in balcony cabin but this is a 4 day cruise so not worth the quite large difference in price. There are quite a lot of 06 available on ? plaza deck ( level 3) . None of the newer cabins near conf area available. Would anyone be able to recommend any good choices? 12/27 sailing. There is a large 07 in front of ship available but I'm not sure of being forward facing - although it appears large from floorplan. Any advice on Infinity cabins would be welcome.. By the way, do past passengers still get one cat upgrade on all sailings?

There are quite a lot of 06 available on ? plaza deck ( level 3) . None of the newer cabins near conf area available.

I am not a TA or work for a TA Just your average Jill.

I bet dollars to donuts that the newer level 3 are being held by a TA and any unsold will open up nearer to sailing. What I would do is book another cat 6 and wait. Good Luck!

I am not a TA or work for a TA Just your average Jill.

I bet dollars to donuts that the newer level 3 are being held by a TA and any unsold will open up nearer to sailing. What I would do is book another cat 6 and wait. Good Luck!

Thanks, that’s what I’ve done. I’ll keep an eye on the better cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, thinking of booking cat 06 ocean view for Dec sailing on infinity. 3 people. We usually travel in balcony cabin but this is a 4 day cruise so not worth the quite large difference in price. There are quite a lot of 06 available on ? plaza deck ( level 3) . None of the newer cabins near conf area available. Would anyone be able to recommend any good choices? 12/27 sailing. There is a large 07 in front of ship available but I'm not sure of being forward facing - although it appears large from floorplan. Any advice on Infinity cabins would be welcome.. By the way, do past passengers still get one cat upgrade on all sailings?

What cabin number is the cat 7? Get the discount for the cat 6 and take the cat 7 OV. It's a really short cruise so try it, you may just like the cabin. We've stayed in a forward facing cabin before (not on the Infinity) with no issues. Well one, if you leave the curtains fully opened the cabin heats up really fast when in the Caribbean. We left the curtains partially closed and that seemed to do the trick.

What cabin number is the cat 7? Get the discount for the cat 6 and take the cat 7 OV. .
Didn't you intend that to be the other way around?

Most people would not want to take a cat 7 and pay for a cat 6, (although they are often the same price, so it really wouldn't matter). clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We are hoping that one of these cabins become available for our Dec 17 sailing...

If you are talking about the Infinity for Dec 17, 2018, there are 2 of them available right now.

If that is the cruise you want, I would suggest putting one of them on hold immediately.

You should be able to get a 06 at the 07 price, although at this point there is only a small price difference between them.

Didn't you intend that to be the other way around?

Most people would not want to take a cat 7 and pay for a cat 6, (although they are often the same price, so it really wouldn't matter). :D

Damn it, yes! :o Note to self. Don't drink and post on CC. ;p Thank you for the correction. (y)

If you are talking about the Infinity for Dec 17, 2018, there are 2 of them available right now.

If that is the cruise you want, I would suggest putting one of them on hold immediately.

You should be able to get a 06 at the 07 price, although at this point there is only a small price difference between them.

Yeah, a difference of about $20pp, but that's a couple of martinis, or at least it used to be. LOL

I kept my 06 and paid 07 price. Only slight reduction in price ? 50$ . I just didnt like the look of the 07’s right at the front. My 06 is right in the thick of things.. will have to keep an eye on the newer 06 though in case any become available later.

We are looking to cruise Infinity in Nov or early Dec timeframe. You mentioned newer updated cabins?

How do I know which ones have been updated?

Looking at cat 06 Oceanview?

Thanks for the help.

The "Newer" but not New,New ocean view staterooms are the even numbered cabins on deck 3. 3112,14,16,18.20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,3144

These have a bigger window. Some of these cabins I suspect are being held back on some sailings. I think they will be released later on. (Just my thoughts, I don't know for sure) The November 10th sailing they have a few of these cabins available

Yeah, a difference of about $20pp, but that's a couple of martinis, or at least it used to be. LOL

We booked 08, and got 07 upgrade...so we can't move to those newer 06 cabins. They are selling for $200 more than when we booked. That's 20 martinis!!! :D LOL