Car Serviice in New York

josephmz

I am cruising on Escape from New York in September. Planning on using Lyft from N.J. hotel to port and from port to Newark airport upon return.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any issues with delivery or pickup? Do they have particular pickup area for car services?

Thanks

Dial 7 and Carmel Limo are two large New York City based companies that provide service in the Metropolitan New York area. They provide excellent service and there rates are reasonable.

Don't know if still true, but last year when I was researching options to get from NJ to port I was told that Uber or Lyft may be difficult to get because they won't want to take you across the bridge/tunnel to Manhattan with little prospect of a customer to come back the other way. So we went with car service as noted above.

Dial 7 and Carmel Limo are two large New York City based companies that provide service in the Metropolitan New York area. They provide excellent service and there rates are reasonable.

I love Carmel, I have used them to get to the Manhattan cruise port from Queens and Long Island. I've used Uber as well, but Carmel always arrived early and the cars are much nicer for not that much more money.

I was really stressed about this for my cruise in June. Was new to using Uber/Lyft. Used Lyft in the end and it worked out just fine to EWR. Passengers were herded across 12th Ave. I requested a Lyft and was picked up a little ways up 48th St, just as I had read about here on CC. There were lots of people being picked up there so if I was to do it again I'd probably head a little further up 48th. All that worry was for nothing.

We used Meadowland Taxi 201-543-1763K87N8hDcQTTKKFTioSxqB8Q2BNX5JtAljwgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg== they did a great job. Stayed at the Fairfield Inn at the Meadowlands, cost was 55 plus 15 tolls, dropped us right at the entrance of the Escape. Will use them again next June when we head back on the Escape. When I booked I scheduled a p/u time, the driver called that morning about 90 minutes before to confirm. When he dropped us at the port we scheduled a p/u time for him to be back for us when we returned. Easy as can be!

I was really stressed about this for my cruise in June. Was new to using Uber/Lyft. Used Lyft in the end and it worked out just fine to EWR. Passengers were herded across 12th Ave. I requested a Lyft and was picked up a little ways up 48th St, just as I had read about here on CC. There were lots of people being picked up there so if I was to do it again I'd probably head a little further up 48th. All that worry was for nothing.

I always do 48th and 12th and tell them if they need to make a right turn to get out of 12th thats fine with me- I did better with the uber than my return cab- I'll do uber next time both ways