Bliss Questions

cidymom

My family is booked on the Bliss for next year. From what I've read on CC, you may not get to see the shows or try out the new activities if you don't book a reservation. We don't like to rush to the terminal first thing in the morning on boarding day so if we board late we may be out of luck. I'm seriously considering cancelling this cruise as I will be very disappointed if I don't get to see any of the major shows or musical, comedy acts or try out the race track and laser tag as those were the reasons for booking this new ship. For those who have sailed on the Bliss, can you book the major production shows, specialty dining, musical and comedy shows online before you board? For those who sailed on the Bliss and didn't get in to see the shows, etc., were you disappointed or feel ripped off. I'm going back and forth between keeping the booking or cancelling and the price has gone up since I booked. Any chance NCL will add more shows? Any advice or comments appreciated. Thanks.

I was on the Getaway in November, the Bliss in June. Similar sized ships and I thought similar need to make reservations - so if you are going to cancel the Bliss, my guess is you are making a statement about all the big ships.

If we had been locked out of the shows and the race track entirely, we would not have felt disappointed because for us an Alaska cruise was much more about the ports and much less about the ships.

We were on the Bliss this last May, and they didn't have all of the computer programs installed. I would think you would be able to go to "My NCL" and make reservations for the shows, as well as restaurants when they open them up for your cruise. You can set reservations for the restaurants 120 days out, I don't know about the shows though, whether it be theater or comedy. One thing you might try, (which is what we had to do), is call NCL reservations. If anything, they will be able to tell you what options you have. I think you have to wait until you get onboard to make reservations for the gokarts and laser tag. There are stations (touch screens) throughout the ship to do just that, but do it ASAP once onboard.

One more thing. If you for some reason you don't get reservations for a show, they have a separate waiting line, and if someone doesn't show that has a reservation, they pull from that line. :D

I’m going on the Bliss in September. I’ve already booked reservations for all nights of dining and both shows. I know that doesn’t help with the race track. I won’t be doing that. Maybe someone else can speak to that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am going in September and the only entertainment I have been able to book is Jersey Boys. Are you in the Haven?

I am going in September and the only entertainment I have been able to book is Jersey Boys. Are you in the Haven?

We're going in September as well, and are all booked for dinner and shows. Not in Haven. Just checked every day until bookings opened and booked them all.

We're going in September as well, and are all booked for dinner and shows. Not in Haven. Just checked every day until bookings opened and booked them all.

We are also sailing in September. Booked our dining but only Jersey Boys for entertainment. Nothing else available. Will try once on board.

Joyce

My family is booked on the Bliss for next year. From what I've read on CC, you may not get to see the shows or try out the new activities if you don't book a reservation. We don't like to rush to the terminal first thing in the morning on boarding day so if we board late we may be out of luck. I'm seriously considering cancelling this cruise as I will be very disappointed if I don't get to see any of the major shows or musical, comedy acts or try out the race track and laser tag as those were the reasons for booking this new ship. For those who have sailed on the Bliss, can you book the major production shows, specialty dining, musical and comedy shows online before you board? For those who sailed on the Bliss and didn't get in to see the shows, etc., were you disappointed or feel ripped off. I'm going back and forth between keeping the booking or cancelling and the price has gone up since I booked. Any chance NCL will add more shows? Any advice or comments appreciated. Thanks.

Reservations open 120 days (130 days for Suites guests). prior to cruise for shows and dining. Be online at 12 midnight eastern time to book Jersey Boys and Havana. And dining.

Reservations are common for all mega ships across cruise lines. Nothing different on NCL.

All shows have stand by seating.

If shows and activities are important, then get to the terminal early if you don’t make reservations in advance.