Where is "the hump" on the ship

As Bob said, it is the area(s) where the ship juts out a little bit on the side. I believe it exists on Radiance class as well, but do know that in the case of Voyager and Freedom class, the cabin corridor curves with the ship and the balconies are more or less the same size as the others on the ship, whereas on Oasis class (and I think Quantum class too but not 100% sure), the corridor stays in a straight line and the balconies are larger on the hump than normal, and cost extra. My parents had a cabin at the end of the hump on Harmony, where the balcony was angled but was not the full size of ones on the center hump, therefore it did not cost extra. Great area to stay as it allows for unique views down the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the part of the ship that sticks out from the side.

Thanks for the fast reply. We're going to be in a junior suite on Symphony and from what I can tell from the ship's layout we are on "the hump."

I've read a few posts that people say they try to get a cabin on "the hump" of the ship. Never heard this before. Where/what is "the hump?"

Vision class ships and Majesty and Empress do not have a hump. The other classes all do. Look at the deck plans, and you will see the "bump" or "hump" midship, or on the big ships, two humps.

Brilliance_Deck_8_plan.pngOasis_Deck_8_plan.pngfree upload image

Thanks for the fast reply. We're going to be in a junior suite on Symphony and from what I can tell from the ship's layout we are on "the hump."

I had meant to ask what ship you were on. In the case of junior suites, they all cost the same regardless of size. So you get some bonus square footage on your already large balcony! Great cabin selection indeed. Have a great time on Symphony, I can’t wait to sail her myself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice thing about hump staterooms on Oasis class ships is that the balconies are larger. You also get a more dramatic view from the balcony.