Status match?

skt4cruise

My wife got status change in 1 week but for me it took 4 weeks, for some reason they had no record of my D+ on RCL. I spent at LEAST 4 hours on the phone ( not all 1 day ) but it finally came thru & now I guard it with my life. Be on the Seaside in OCT.

george35

I am still waiting submitted mine on 6/30, can you call to check status?

Wow.. I did mine last November and it was done the next day. I did my partners a couple weeks ago, and it took three days. I would call them.

Have any of you used your TA to do this for you? I am not tech savvy enough to "attach scanned copy of current loyalty card" etc.

Shipgeeks, perhaps I can help out. If you have a smartphone, you can simply take a picture of your loyalty cards, e-mail it to yourself, then download it to your desktop. Once it's on your desktop, you can go to the MSC website, fill out the information, click the attach button, and find the image on your desktop.

An alternative method would be: if you have an e-mail regarding your loyalty status with another cruiseline, take a screenshot either on your phone or on your computer. You can upload that as well. There are a bunch of tutorials for how to take a screenshot, just google it based on which type of device you're using (mac, PC, iPhone, android).

Worst case scenario, you can e-mail me (my username here @gmail.com), and I can plug in your information for you.

Yesterday I took a screenshot of Captains Club page, showing our name, number & status, hope this is good enough. Attached to MSC form and whoof its gone!

SCREENSHOT

1 Press Shift-Command ()-3.

2 Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

You can also use your loyalty programs with hotels -- that will be better if your hotel status is higher than your cruise line status. I did not realize that MSC matched with hotel status until the rep with MSC mentioned it when I was on the phone with them. Go with whatever you have that is highest. I used my Marriott Lifetime Platinum and received MSC Black.

I asked on another thread about status and found out we will be Black on MSC from Celebrity Elite! Now if we just get the ok in time...28 days to go!

Having any status with MSC gives you a 5% discount on your cruise. Since you're so close, I doubt they'd refund but it's worth asking about.