dressing for dinner

Mrscw

Nice jeans/khakis and a polo for guys is more than sufficient on cruise elegant night. On every other night it's shorts/shirts.

Same here ,, shorts and t-shirts non elegant nights , nice jeans and a polo elegant nights

I still bring a jacket which I combine with khakis or dress slacks for elegant night. But that’s about as formal as I dress these days. Long gone are the tuxedo days on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

travelling on the Carnival Glory for two weeks back to back cruising do people dress for dinner I.E tuxedos dinner dresses etc

Todays Carnival, that is considered over kill.

I think I have been convinced to leave my sports coat at home, but I am a bit wishy washy. I probably will go with a button down shirt and a tie. want to look good in any pictures I have taken, lol.
That's exactly how I do it these days. I used to take a coat, but have left it at home the last few cruises. Like you, I do take a tie. I like to look nice for my wife. :hearteyes:

I dress for dinner. Gowns/cocktail dresses for elegant nights. Cocktail dresses/nice dresses for casual nights. I will be a little more casual the first and last night but still wearing nice sundresses. I enjoy dressing up and cruising is the perfect opportunity.

I'm sure some will be dressed more casually and that's fine. To each their own.

I used to bring a suit or sport coat but no longer. For casual nights I wear good shorts and Aloha shirt (understated with no pineapples) and on "formal" nights I wear business casual (Dockers and buttoned shirt) with comfortable shoes.

I get dressed for dinner. Shorts and a polo on most nights, slax and a dress shirt on elegant night. Not sure I'd enter the MDR if I didn't get dressed first.

I was wondering when this would appear in this thread??:):)

We too, get dressed for dinner.....:):confused::cool:

We usually adhere to the dress codes as well, no tuxes, formal dresses etc... But to each his/her own, it's your cruise!

I dress for dinner. Gowns/cocktail dresses for elegant nights. Cocktail dresses/nice dresses for casual nights. I will be a little more casual the first and last night but still wearing nice sundresses. I enjoy dressing up and cruising is the perfect opportunity.

I'm sure some will be dressed more casually and that's fine. To each their own.

My grown daughter & I do the same. It's more fun & special to dress up!

Suit and tie on formal nights - not because of what everyone else is wearing - because my wife loves to hit every photo station and spent $$$$ on those nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven't gone to elegant night in our last couple of cruises, but for the Chef's Table DH will humor me with a button down and tie. Dining room I'll wear a casual dress or pants and a nice blouse and he'll wear jeans & a polo.

I do love to see the people that really go all out, though, but I there is only so far I can push DH and remain happily married. lol

If you wish to comply with the actual dress code a long sleeve button down and slacks would be compliant. Jeans and a polo are not as the former is listed as prohibited and the latter is not a dress shirt as stated.

But as you can see from these posts people have turned it into anything goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums