2 people in a 3 person room

I just can’t get a straight answer from carnival whether there is a big risk of this.

And you won't get any straight answer or guarantee from them until the ship cards are in your hand on the date of embarkation. If it's that much of a risk to you, it would be recommended to book a different stateroom type.

I sail solo, and have booked cabins that hold 3-4 people. I've been upgraded a few times, but don't know if it was because they needed my room or because it was easier to bump me to an outside so they could sell an inside at the last minute. I wouldn't worry about it.

Roz

There is always a risk especially around times of high demand such as when school is out. If it's stressing you or if you're very picky about cabins like me, change now while there's still hopefully some decent ones left. Otherwise you're going to be worried and have the possibility of getting a cabin in a bad spot.

No one can tell you with any certainty what your chances are. Some will say they've been on a hundred cruises and have never been moved, and then you'll hear about those that it's happened to. As long as it's a possibility, which you know it is, all it takes is that one time. As long as you're OK with the worst possible cabin, then go with it. If you're a light sleeper and noises bother you, then be proactive and move.

I sail solo, and have booked cabins that hold 3-4 people. I've been upgraded a few times, but don't know if it was because they needed my room or because it was easier to bump me to an outside so they could sell an inside at the last minute. I wouldn't worry about it.

Roz

Same here. I've even been in balcony rooms that sleep 4 and have never been moved.