Freedom - San Juan

Anyone sail on the Freedom out of San Juan recently. I have a couple of questions.

What is the earliest you got to the pier and how long did it take to board,

what time was Muster Drill and

any issues disembarking ship in San Juan final day??/

Thanks

I was on the re-positioning cruise in May that moved Freedom to SJU. So, can only comment about disembarking. What kind of issues would you expect? It was somewhat hectic, but really not that bad. Plenty of taxis. No different than my one other disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale.

Boarding starts around 11:00am and muster is at 5:30pm with an additional one for those that boarded late.

I've cruised on both Jewel and Adventure from this port and will be on Freedom in September....no reason to assume or expect anything different from most departures/arrivals there.

We sailed on Freedom on June 30. We arrived at the port at about 10:30 and were on the ship at a few minutes after 11:00! The muster drill was about 5:45. Lastly, the disembarkation was a bit chaotic. It took about 30-40 minutes to get through the line for customs, but we had plenty of time to get to the airport so we didn't stress.

No real issues getting off in San Juan. Cab to airport is about $23 plus tip and takes about 20 minutes (dispatcher puts you in cab based on group size and gives paper to the driver). Be aware that you must put all baggage through the agricultural xrays at the airport or you can't check in. And declare anything food-related (this includes cheese if you visited the ABC islands). Most airlines won't let you check baggage until 4 hours before the flight. Luggage storage outside of AA there, but poorly manned and something like $10/bag. No food or seating outside the secure area, either (did see one coffee shop).

There is a great airport lounge in SJU. I think it is $35/person. 12 and under free. You have to know the name and ask directions as there is only an elevator in the terminal. The lounge is located above terminal.

Pleny of help your self booze, beer, soda and juice. A few hot dishs, sandwiches, soup, cakes, etc. A lot of island food. I remember they had great roast pork and rice and beans.

Joe

Anyone sail on the Freedom out of San Juan recently. I have a couple of questions.

What is the earliest you got to the pier and how long did it take to board,

what time was Muster Drill and

any issues disembarking ship in San Juan final day??/

Thanks

Just got off yesterday (July 14), the only issue we noticed was that too many people were allowed off the ship at once around 9am- so the line wound it's way back and forth 2-3 times. Even with that, it didn't take too long to get through....

Have a great trip= we really enjoyed the cruise!