So you want to travel on Adventure of the Seas?

We just disembarked from Adventure of the Seas in Bayonne, NJ and it was AMAZING!!! Great ship, fun ports, great cruise director (Hello Chlo), and the staff and crew deserve their own post!!! We had so much fun on and off the ship. I’ll share pictures and more information once I’m home and rested a bit. Feel free to ask if you have questions! We booked for The Anthem in 2019.... Woohooo!!

We just disembarked from Adventure of the Seas in Bayonne, NJ and it was AMAZING!!! Great ship, fun ports, great cruise director (Hello Chlo), and the staff and crew deserve their own post!!! We had so much fun on and off the ship. I’ll share pictures and more information once I’m home and rested a bit. Feel free to ask if you have questions! We booked for The Anthem in 2019.... Woohooo!!

Anthem is the absolute best! We will be on The Adventure next year, I doubt if it can best The Anthem, but still can’t wait! Looking forward to your review!

Marg

Day 1: We traveled to the terminal from Albany via a bus (Yankee Trails). The process was seamless! We were on board the cruise ship by 10:15. My husband and I traveled with my mom (67) and her best friend. We are all familiar with cruising and Bayonne is an easy port, so after getting on, we headed to the Windjammer for a relaxing lunch at 11:00. We then took off to explore and the ladies found a lounge chair with a drink. Rooms were opened as promised at 1:00. Our room was one of the new ones on Deck 11 (1101)... More on how awesome that was in a bit!

Rest of day explained tonight!

(Day 1 Pics to follow once home)

We'll be on the Adventure this Oct. for the "Snowbird Migration" - can't wait!

We'll be on Anthem Aug. 29th for a B2B. When are you going?

We'll also be on her for the "Snowbird Migration" but not until Oct 2019....waiting longer than you ;)

Day 1 (continued): We spent much of the rest of Day 1 swimming and exploring aspects of the ship. We had an 8:00 PM dining time that we thought we would hate, but all ended up enjoying! It allowed us a snack in the afternoon. We went to the 7:00 show each night and it was a fun way to be sure we all joined up and chatted about the evening activities ahead. Our dining was on the 4th floor of the MDR and our head waiter was "Charlie" with his Assistant "Arnold". They were awesome! They were such gentlemen and worked so hard each night to be sure we had a good meal. The 4th Floor MDR was run by a man named, Peter! He too was amazing. He stopped by each table every night and paid specific attention to the person in our party with a food allergy. These 3 gentlemen made dining in the MDR a no-brainer for the cruise. First night show was a "Welcome Aboard Variety Show" which was enjoyable and full of energy. We also met our cruise director at that show and she too was a blast. Have any of you met Chlo for a cruise director?? What a gem!! Day 1 ended with a drink and bed, we were exhausted with a full week ahead.

Off we went to our 11th floor room which by the way is literally feet away from the Solarium pool and hot tubs! Do you know that at least 1 Solarium hot tub is open 24 hours? We took total advantage of our proximity and were in the hot tub a few times well after midnight!!

Day 1 (continued): We spent much of the rest of Day 1 swimming and exploring aspects of the ship. We had an 8:00 PM dining time that we thought we would hate, but all ended up enjoying! It allowed us a snack in the afternoon. We went to the 7:00 show each night and it was a fun way to be sure we all joined up and chatted about the evening activities ahead. Our dining was on the 4th floor of the MDR and our head waiter was "Charlie" with his Assistant "Arnold". They were awesome! They were such gentlemen and worked so hard each night to be sure we had a good meal. The 4th Floor MDR was run by a man named, Peter! He too was amazing. He stopped by each table every night and paid specific attention to the person in our party with a food allergy. These 3 gentlemen made dining in the MDR a no-brainer for the cruise. First night show was a "Welcome Aboard Variety Show" which was enjoyable and full of energy. We also met our cruise director at that show and she too was a blast. Have any of you met Chlo for a cruise director?? What a gem!! Day 1 ended with a drink and bed, we were exhausted with a full week ahead.

Off we went to our 11th floor room which by the way is literally feet away from the Solarium pool and hot tubs! Do you know that at least 1 Solarium hot tub is open 24 hours? We took total advantage of our proximity and were in the hot tub a few times well after midnight!!

Love Hello Clo. Sailed with her a few times on Anthem. I wish she was the permanent CD on Anthem.

Anthem is the absolute best! We will be on The Adventure next year, I doubt if it can best The Anthem, but still can’t wait! Looking forward to your review!

Marg

The Harmony of the Seas beats the Anthem! Try it or its sister the Symphony of the Seas. Our adventure cruise is in less then a month. Looking foward to it.

I apologize I've not gotten further today with this review. Sadly, getting your land legs is a "REAL THING" apparently. I had some problems assimilating last year after getting off a cruise, but was shortly after diagnosed with some medical issues and figured it was related. However, today has been a bear with the same issues. It won't keep me from cruising, but it will likely slow me down for a day or two!

I'm attaching a couple of pics from Day 1...and promise to be back with more tomorrow!

1819989_adventure1.jpg.5838076cb7995f085e84310c2684cb00.jpg

340581921_adventure2.jpg.6ec6a6bfb92c563aae1b14515759fe5a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Marg

Glad you enjoyed the Anthem. We actually found the Quantum one of the worst ships we have sailed on. Much prefer the Oasis Class ships. The layout is so much better. We are looking foward to the Adventure in a few weeks- our first time on this class of ship as we have only sailed on the Freedom, Oasis and Quantum class on Royal- 30 plus other cruises, mostly on Celebrity.

I apologize I've not gotten further today with this review. Sadly, getting your land legs is a "REAL THING" apparently. I had some problems assimilating last year after getting off a cruise, but was shortly after diagnosed with some medical issues and figured it was related. However, today has been a bear with the same issues. It won't keep me from cruising, but it will likely slow me down for a day or two!

I'm attaching a couple of pics from Day 1...and promise to be back with more tomorrow!

Had this problem after my 1st cruise. Felt like i was on the ship for the nexth month! Thankfully it hasn't happened to me since then! Hope you are feeling better. We are on Adventure next Feb out of Lauderdale. Looking forward to it!