A taste of MSC for those X cruisers wondering how bad can it be? (Long!)

steve ch

Of course, haven't you seen the shows Elyria and Elysium?

And the live belly dancing, while serving you Baklava?

The adults only Solarium with the Thallaso therapy pool?

The complimentary trial massages?

The passengers vs officers (in full uniform) pool volleyball (a trademark of X)? The mini golf and basketball contests? The adult game show? The love and marriage game show? The trivia?

The Chinese New year celebration? The Christmas celebration?

The complimentary liquer tasting? The champagne art auctions? The 5 for $40 sale of ladies bags, hats and watches?

The lobster and jumbo prawns, steak and prime rib on formal night?

The free galley tour with sparkling wine and complimentary sampling of the specialty dining menu?

The charismatic cruise director and assistant director? The effervescent entertainment girls? The dance parties? The silent disco?

The enrichment program? The guest speakers? The dance classes, fitness classes, ports of call seminars?

The excellent service by waiters and bartenders. If you have the the alcoholic beverage package, the bartenders at the MDR keep on checking every 10 minutes if you need another free cocktail.

At all the other bars, (except the overcrowded Martini bar) the service is almost immediate.

Need I go on???

I stopped after the shows - ‘entertainment’ they are, but not quite what you were referring to. Many of the items you list are extra pay items e.g. dance classes, fitness classes, drink packages (whether included ‘free’ or not), the food (you have already paid for), the art auctions (entertainment :eek:), entertainment girls (I think you must have been mixing that one up with another venue you have been to :evilsmile::D).

The point I was trying to make is that MSC’s entertainment must be virtually non existent if you are saying X’s is so much better.

I stopped after the shows - ‘entertainment’ they are, but not quite what you were referring to. Many of the items you list are extra pay items e.g. dance classes, fitness classes, drink packages (whether included ‘free’ or not), the food (you have already paid for), the art auctions (entertainment :eek:), entertainment girls (I think you must have been mixing that one up with another venue you have been to :evilsmile::D).

The point I was trying to make is that MSC’s entertainment must be virtually non existent if you are saying X’s is so much better.

On Celebrity, dance classes are free. Stretching and health lectures at the gym are free. Classic alcoholic beverage package is free with an Ocean view and above. Champagne is free as you enter the ship, at the free galley tour and at all the art auctions.

Entertainment girls organize the activities-- mini golf, bean bag toss, paper rocket throw, trivia, silent disco, archery, etc

But I also like the fact that MSC has 6 production shows per cruise. Celebrity has only 3 or 4 grand shows and other guest performances

Edited by drsel

The MSC buffet on the pool deck includes free water and ice. While there is a charge for water at dinnertime in the MDR.

Do the breakfast and lunch buffets with waiter service in the MDR include free water?

MSC breakfast in the MDR includes a choice of juices. They would provide tap water too probably, but I never asked. Not sure about lunch. Again, I never asked.