Mr Sanchos vs Nachi

kathyemma

Need opinions...

We will be in Cozumel in Nov. Looking at booking the day at once of these resorts. It will be me, my 20 year old dd and my mother - who does not walk well and refuses to use a wheelchair but might bring a walker. Which one is easier to walk? She will need to get from the cab to a chair. At some point I am sure should would like to get in the pool. Does one have an easier pool to enter than the other? Also, if my mom gets tired and needs to go back to the ship early - could we leave, bring her back to the ship and then re-enter the resort?

On the flip side my dd and I might want to do something more active than sit at the pool bar and drink....which one has better activities?

Food....my dd and I are vegetarians. Is one place better than the other for food?

Thanks

Kathy

Sanchos will offer more activities (water toys, etc.) than Nachi. There are multiple pools on the AI side, so your mother should be okay.

Nachi, IMHO offers better food options, and being smaller and less crowded I think you'll have a better time dealing with diet restrictions, etc. When you check into Nachi I would explain the issue with your mother's mobility and ask for chairs/palapa near the dining area/pool. Pool at Nachi is very easy to enter. Sand at Nachi is softer, especially along the water's edge and may cause you mother some challenges.

Your call - good luck! :D

Sanchos is unlimited with food choices. Nachi you get 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert. When they brought my food out i was in the water. They took it away before i could eat it. (I was in the water alot) i asked for the same entree again and they said no I could only have one. [emoji19][emoji852] personally I will not go there again. I will go back to Sanchos. Employees at Sanchos also much friendlier.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

It is a bit of a drive to get to either Nachi is farther than Sanchos. I dont think running Mom back to the ship will be easy with traffic. You might want to look at options closer to the ship. Nachi had very uneven ground when I was there last Sept. Sanchos seemed to have upgraded their areas when I was there in Jan 2017. I do know you can email Sanchos about your concerns. Maybe that can help you make a better informed decision. I have not tried to contact Nachi but maybe their website might have the details

It is a bit of a drive to get to either Nachi is farther than Sanchos. I dont think running Mom back to the ship will be easy with traffic. You might want to look at options closer to the ship. Nachi had very uneven ground when I was there last Sept. Sanchos seemed to have upgraded their areas when I was there in Jan 2017. I do know you can email Sanchos about your concerns. Maybe that can help you make a better informed decision. I have not tried to contact Nachi but maybe their website might have the details

Can you recommend anything closer?

TIA

El Cid and Park Royal are two hotel/resort complexes that usually sell day passes and are closer to the piers; both should offer food, drinks, pool and small beach area. I've never been to either but see them suggested often on this board - check them out.

The cab fare to Nachi or Sanchos will be about $17 each way and takes about 10-15+ minutes, plus time to navigate the pier to your ship, meaning any mid-day trip to take your mom back to the boat will wind up taking you about an hour :(

Money Bar is a bit closer (about a $12 cab ride) than either Nachi/Sanchos, but does not offer either a pool or beach - it does offer good snorkeling from the shore and great views and facilities with no admission fee.

Good luck! :)

I am sorry. I am unable to recommend anything closer. We usually always go to Sancho's except for that one time we went to Nachi. My youngest daughter has health issues and my younger brother sunburns in the shade. Our solution was a few of us went early to Sanchos. Staked out the perfect (to us) table. Then they joined us after the noon hour. It was a good compromise for them to enjoy it without being there the whole time. My problem was we did not have phones to check in with each other. I didn't know exactly when they were coming. It all turned out well though. I looked up and there they were.

El Cid and Park Royal are two hotel/resort complexes that usually sell day passes and are closer to the piers; both should offer food, drinks, pool and small beach area. I've never been to either but see them suggested often on this board - check them out.

The cab fare to Nachi or Sanchos will be about $17 each way and takes about 10-15+ minutes, plus time to navigate the pier to your ship, meaning any mid-day trip to take your mom back to the boat will wind up taking you about an hour :(

Money Bar is a bit closer (about a $12 cab ride) than either Nachi/Sanchos, but does not offer either a pool or beach - it does offer good snorkeling from the shore and great views and facilities with no admission fee.

Good luck! :)

I have been to EL Cid it is a nice place. The staff were very friendly, it was very clean, the food was great (better than Sanchos), the pool was nice, but there is only a sand lot and the ocean access is off a pier.

Nachi Cocum seemed more adult-oriented and was quiet and relaxing. From what I've read, Mr. Sanchos is more for families and friends. I have not been to Mr. Sanchos, but have heard good things about it. I have been to Nachi Cocum and would definitely go back. Both resorts are very close to each other, and while a little ways down the beach, you can see Mr. Sanchos from Nachi Cocum.

I would recommend Nachi Cocum. Here is a YouTube video of Nachi Cocum that gives a good idea of what Nachi Cocum is like:

Drinks are unlimited at Nachi Cocum and as someone else mentioned on this thread, you get an appetizer, main meal and dessert. You choose what you want from a menu and you get plenty of food. There is a pool, but we never spent any time in the pool, as we preferred to be on the beach and in the sea.

I'm not sure if you like to snorkel, but we had our own snorkel gear and while it wasn't the best snorkeling I've ever seen, I was pleasantly surprised to see fish I haven't seen before and thought it was pretty good snorkeling right off the beach.

I would probably recommend trying something closer to the ship if you think you will have to take your Mom back early, because it would probably be a hassle and kind of expensive to get taxis for both ways twice. But, if your Mom enjoys sitting in a lounge chair and just enjoying the scenery at a relatively quiet and relaxing place, I recommend Nachi Cocum.