Oktoberfest

Doughboy

i was just read g the different celebrations on different Princess Cruises depending on the ship and the destination. It appears that Oktoberfest is fleet wide. Has anybody been to one of these?

i was just read g the different celebrations on different Princess Cruises depending on the ship and the destination. It appears that Oktoberfest is fleet wide. Has anybody been to one of these?

I was on the Royal last October with a few Oktoberfest activities.

They had a special offer on one of my favorite German beers...Paulaner Original Munich Lager. For about $10 you could purchase the beer & a half liter Paulaner logo stein. I waited until near the end of the cruise to buy it which was a mistake...sold out. :loudcry:

They had German dance lessons & a who could hold a beer stein the longest contest in the Piazza but don’t recall other Oktoberfest activities.

At least you got German beer. Our last two cruises were on the Star and on both, German night night in the buffet was advertised as "German Bierfest" with someone selling beers at a table. The most exotic beer the first time around was Dos XX. Not so great with my Schnitzel and Spetzle. :p At least last week I could get a Grolsch or Heineken.

Not sure when they do Oktoberfest. If they do anything we missed it last year. We sailed Emerald October 8 - September 5. I just looked it up and last year the actual Oktoberfest dates were Sep 16 – Oct 3. This year it's Sept. 22 - Oct 7. If Princess does anything I would guess it would just be on one of the actual Oktoberfest days.

Grand Princess last years Oktoberfest was held on October 26 on their Cal Costal Cruise. Right after lunch the held a Oktoberfest Hat Making in the Sabatini . At 4pm, the Oktoberfest Event started with Princess Dancers doing a polka and then the Cruise Director staff took over and had passengers joining in dancing the Polkas and played many games. Cruise Staff passed out Oktoberfest Themed Buttons with different saying.

The website and all my research last year led me to believe that on our September Alaska cruise ....the last of the season on the star princess.. that we would see an Oktoberfest. We saw and nothing of the sort! I was terribly disappointed.