Breakaway - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

It worked on me, I do love vodka. That said, they could do local drinks, not just our American version. Think it may be fun to experience a foreign drink or five. Even if they just had little tasters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ate at the Russian Vodka Museum restaurant in St. Petersburg. The local drinks there were ice cold vodka shots!

Hello Doug - fellow Rochester traveler (W. Henr.) enjoying your review! We will be on the Breakaway departing September 5th!

IF possible, could you find out where the Stockholm On Your Own excursion drops you off and the approximate drop off and pick up times? I graduated high school in the 80s with a Swedish exchange student in my class. He is picking us up for a personal tour! But, I haven't been able to nail down details.

Please leave some beer behind for those of us following you!

Enjoy your trip! Travel safe,

Lori

Our room on Day 3...

68bbe399b03ce3f3c1b6094c022d53e8.jpg

Kids’ room on Day 3...

bd9f0e0dc195945742278e65b03162be.jpg

c9b38ef58eb1e46286bfa07f7de8a38d.jpg

We’re seriously considering sealing the connecting doors before it’s too late.

We’re booked in a B2and B3 connecting Family Balcony on the

NYC-NOLA repo. Will it finally be possible to open the partition between our balconies?

I was very disappointed to just learn I cannot use my NCL credit card worldpoints to upgrade my in-laws cabin, I wanted to move both cabins but was just told the worldpoints are only for me and my cabin😒

Oh well, guess I’ll just have more to use on another cruise!

Hey Doug - really enjoying the live review!

Some quick post Tallinn humor....

About 15 years ago my husband and I stopped in the Town Square for a beer. While sitting at our café table a guy walks up in a long rain coat (and it was rather warm and sunny that day) and opens up his rain coat like he is flashing us. After spitting some of my beer out, we realized the inside of his coat was lined with many cans of caviar. You want some? Uh, no thanks!

Enjoy the rest of your trip with your family!

Is that an NCL excursion? If so, I will try inquiring at the shorex desk.

Yes, it is an NCL excursion. We have purchased this already. Figured it would get us from Nynashamn to Stockholm in a timely manner and save my classmate the trip to the port.

Thank you!!!!

Safe travels - cannot wait to hear about your trip!

Lori

43cbf0e66f80f0f54f9816b817569f7a.jpg

Always love your live reviews. This one is special since you're doing it for your mom. Prayers and thoughts to her for a speedy and full recovery. You are such a sweet man to do this for her. I know men don't like to be called sweet but you are very sweet. :)

One request and I promise it's an easy one. I'm loving all the group pictures and while I know your mom knows who everyone is, I don't. Would love one of the group pictures to identify everyone. I "know" you, Sue and your dad and maybe your sister. But would like the full line-up.

Looks like y'all are having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip and happy, happy 75th birthday to your adorable dad!

Hey Doug! Have been enjoying your live threads all along including this one (we're going on Spirit's Ultimate Baltics next year Aug - 13 ports in 15 days) so am interested in what you do in each of the ports of calls.

Sorry about your mom, but this thread will without doubt liven up her spirits!

Now … here is a trivia for you … dunno if you know this already … but if you dunno … (PLEASE, others, don't help Doug !!!) …

Mein Schiff 1 has been docking beside you in Tallinn and it will be with you again in St. Petersburg …

What does Mein Schiff mean in English?

Now … here is a trivia for you … dunno if you know this already … but if you dunno … (PLEASE, others, don't help Doug !!!) …

Mein Schiff 1 has been docking beside you in Tallinn and it will be with you again in St. Petersburg …

It has just become abundantly clear who the skimmers on this thread are... :rolleyes:

During the cruise, were you offered a discount on bag of laundry and which day of the cruise is it returned?

Laundry bags had to be bedside by noon on Day 4 (Tallinn), and will be returned on Day 7 (Helsinki). We sent two bags out... and will let you know when they return.