Bliss Race Track Warning

hurley7

This is a track on a cruise ship. You have no business driving like that and you and similar drivers are the problem. The solution is for NCL to put governors on all the cars and slow them down.

The fun police have arrived:rolleyes: So your idea is to basically turn them into a carosel:confused: It's a go-kart track. Have you ever been to one? It's a race, and rubbin is racin! Slow pokes on kart tracks are a menace same as in the fast lane on the freeway. If you don't have the skills or desire to race it's probably not the attraction for you.

The fun police have arrived:rolleyes: So your idea is to basically turn them into a carosel:confused: It's a go-kart track. Have you ever been to one? It's a race, and rubbin is racin! Slow pokes on kart tracks are a menace same as in the fast lane on the freeway. If you don't have the skills or desire to race it's probably not the attraction for you.

ditto

IWatch NASCAR, if you run slowly and block the track, especially in the racing line, you get moved.
Really? How exactly do you get moved? Are you saying you get wrecked? Makes it tough to win races if you are wrecking the folks in front of you vs passing them. But what do I know, all I've done is race karts.

Really? How exactly do you get moved? Are you saying you get wrecked? Makes it tough to win races if you are wrecking the folks in front of you vs passing them. But what do I know, all I've done is race karts.

You missed my point, although I imagine if you do not comprehend what I was describing you have never viewed a NASCAR race.

Getting moved is not the same as wrecking.

You missed my point, although I imagine if you do not comprehend what I was describing you have never viewed a NASCAR race.

Getting moved is not the same as wrecking.

Hey Congratulations, you found one of Harvick and Busch where they didn't actually wreck.

HAHAHA!! So true! You deserve a trophy for that carosel comment, too funny! LOL! There's always someone that wants to be safety director and ruin it for everyone else. I hope these people stay off the go-karts. Sunday Driving Miss Daisy drivers, ruining it for everyone.

HAHAHA!! So true! You deserve a trophy for that carosel comment, too funny! LOL! There's always someone that wants to be safety director and ruin it for everyone else. I hope these people stay off the go-karts. Sunday Driving Miss Daisy drivers, ruining it for everyone.

I have to say i'm surprised the way this thread turned. Initially I thought those of us supporting the go-carts as is were gonna be flamed but it turned out the other way. I'm impressed.;p

Hi All ~ We just got off the Bliss this morning and here’s my two cents... the go-karts were fun but definitely require some driving skill and some strength in turning at fast speeds. I’m a rather aggressive driver on the road and a bit competitive, so I had a blast. My traveling companions were less enthusiastic and my 80 year old F-I-L took two laps and went to the pits (too much for him). The safety video explained clearly what was within/against the rules. One young girl did not follow them and smashed into my spouse. Not intentional but likely due to her lack of size and driving experience (NONE!) My only complaint was that due to a light rain during our race, the track was wet which caused grease and road gunk to ruin my shirt and jacket. This is obviously not NCL’s fault & next time, I’ll wear old crappy clothes. As with any risky activity, participate safely and at your own risk.

I have just returned from a Bliss cruise to Alaska (July 14-21). I will not talk here about the problems we had with even getting go-kart reservations or being unaware of the unlimited access pass.

I travelled with my son and his 3 children(ages 12,10 and 8). On their last run, both my son and my grandson(in separate cars) were injured by other cars/drivers who rammed into them.

My son has professional race car training. He was appalled at the staff who ran the ride--who did not make any attempt to deal with drivers who

fantasized (obviously) that they were in tryouts for spots on a Formula 1

team and drove recklessly and thus endangering everyone on the track.

My son believes that there will be a very serious injury very soon, or, heaven forbid-a fatality on that track. And NCL will be deservingly sued for a bundle.

It is time that somebody with NCL look at all the various excellent ideas posted here to ameliorate this situation. And, for those who drove drunk or want to try out for a racing team--you don't have to go on a family oriented cruise to Alaska. Please stay in your own town or city and not ruin our much anticipated trip.

wow after reading all the posts I would say this is a hot topic!!!!. I does sound to me like there are differing views on how the carts and track should be handled. I feel there should be different times set aside for folks wanting to go slower and just have fun rather than race. I also do not think they should run the course in the rain. An 80 yr old person has the same rights as a 28 yr old but ya do have to take into consideration their age. This course needs to be scheduled fairly.

I will restate again from my earlier post, one of the employees who worked at the entrance computer stand told me that he just feels like this ride is gonna get lots of comments and also get out of control.

He felt that anyone who wanted to back out at the last minute deserved to have a refund too.

So time will tell as this ship will have to deal with a variety of ages, experience and style in using the carts. I just felt like it was not worth getting injured or into a confrontation with folks.

If ya want to race at something, try the skyride on Carnival Vista or Horizon. You will get a good work out and a good view too.

I swear to God, you'd think that Go-Karts were invented on the NCL Bliss and the first time people have ever seen or ridden them. Again, if you want to crawl around the track and fear getting hurt, STAY OFF and do something else ......... I'm not going to pay $10 for a go-kart ride that goes slower around the track than I can walk.

I swear to God, you'd think that Go-Karts were invented on the NCL Bliss and the first time people have ever seen or ridden them. Again, if you want to crawl around the track and fear getting hurt, STAY OFF and do something else ......... I'm not going to pay $10 for a go-kart ride that goes slower around the track than I can walk.

Then stay off the go-karts and save your ten bucks. If fact, just stay off the ship entirely.

• Like 1

Maybe not everyone has a "Barrymore's" close to them or maybe they feel like being on a cruise is as good a time as any to try a go-kart ride. ;p I agree, though. I absolutely do NOT want to be on the track with inexperienced folks or those who are not able to physically handle the carts.

wow after reading all the posts I would say this is a hot topic!!!!. I does sound to me like there are differing views on how the carts and track should be handled. I feel there should be different times set aside for folks wanting to go slower and just have fun rather than race. I also do not think they should run the course in the rain. An 80 yr old person has the same rights as a 28 yr old but ya do have to take into consideration their age. This course needs to be scheduled fairly.

And the same responsibility to not be a hazard to others.

I will restate again from my earlier post, one of the employees who worked at the entrance computer stand told me that he just feels like this ride is gonna get lots of comments and also get out of control.

He felt that anyone who wanted to back out at the last minute deserved to have a refund too.

So time will tell as this ship will have to deal with a variety of ages, experience and style in using the carts. I just felt like it was not worth getting injured or into a confrontation with folks.

If ya want to race at something, try the skyride on Carnival Vista or Horizon. You will get a good work out and a good view too.

Not driving so slowly that you are a hazard to others on the track is not the same as racing. If you want to poke around an activity try mini-golf.

I have cruised on the RCI Anthem of the Seas, where they encourage driver's of their bumper cars to 'crash' into each other...

Of course, these operate at much lower speeds, so even a full head-on collision is not that hard.

When the Bliss comes to New York, I imagine there will be many people that have experienced the bumper cars on the Anthem, thinking that the go-karts will give them a similar experience, so precaution's must be taken, to 'educate' would-be driver's of the difference.

I am curious about the NCL Joy, which is being repositioned from China to the west coast... I 'thought' that that ship originally had both bumper cars (located aft on Deck 16 somewhere in the 'Galaxy Pavilion', as well as a shorter version of the Bliss's style go-kart track above...on recent searches, I no longer see reference to bumper cars on the deck plans....

Any one know if it did have both, originally?:confused:

With all due respect, I believe you’re confused; NCL has the only go-karts at sea as they are aboard the Joy and Bliss. RCL may in fact have bumper cars, in which case yes; the object of bumper cars is to hit other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone will get hurt, there will be a lawsuit and it will be the end of them.

Exactly. It's just a matter of time. The open deck space will be reclaimed and the majority of passengers will have access to it again.

I live close to the NOLA Motorsports Park which has one of the very largest go cart tracks at over 30 acres. They have carts that can go 50 miles an hour and incidents are just about unheard of because they have strict rules and regulations and people must follow them or get immediately evicted from the track.

People understand that this is a RACETRACK and not a kiddie ride area. There are amusement parks around with slow bumper cars for those who wish to go slow or have crashes.

A go cart track is not inherently unsafe. Management of a go cart track can allow it to be unsafe. It sounds like the Bliss might need better management in their go cart area.

I have seen many pre-teens driving these go carts faster and safer than many adults so it is not a question of separating people by age or limiting the speed by age.