SUNSET BAR: Good for Sailaway get together?

hcat

We will be scheduling our Roll Call Sailaway get together at the EDGE Sunset Bar,,.

It looks like it is behind the Upstairs Rooftop Garden area with side access. We have only seen artists rendering and a deck plan on a non X website. Looks like a great view!

Does it look big enough and laid out well for a group get together?

If anyone finds a good deck plan can you post a screen shot...I think its on Deck 15 (I tried but failed..lo techie here!)

I also noticed what looked like drawings of loungers around the side...

Could this be a secreet spot?

I'm glad you brought it up. We always plan to meet our roll calls in the Sunset Bar so was a little disappointed when it looked like the Edge Sunset Bar appeared to be narrower and with less seats (I thought maybe because of the Retreat). Also, there will likely be a smoking side, which may impact where to sit for some.

Comparing the Reflection Sunset Bar footprint (which we love) and the Edge footprint, it looks to me like there is a similar number of seats on the Edge, but not sure it will fit larger groups as well? You also have the Rooftop Garden next door, if the Sunset seems too crowded.

We have talked about it on some of my roll calls and one thought was to meet at the Sunset Bar in nice weather and in Eden if raining so we can still have nice views of the ocean. My opinion is that it is a good first line plan until we hear back from the first cruisers. I would love to hear other opinions.

enhance

enhance

The Edge Sunset Bar:

enhance

The Reflection Sunset Bar:

enhance

Probably would meet in Eden on Deck 5, if raining, since the bar is there. :D

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

I think it would be a perfect spot for sail away, it will be busy for sure but that just adds to the sailaway vibe!

We’ve always had sailaway there on Solstice, except when we departed from Singapore where it was too hot and humid so we hit the Sky Lounge, to still get great views as we sailed out along with air conditioning [emoji12]

Sometimes when the sunset bar got a little too busy we would move down one Deck to the OceanView outdoor area and bar, often overlooked and not as busy.

Edge appears to have a bar at the rear of Oceanview although inside (it may be a servery can’t really tell on the deck plans), so that could also be an option.

Of course the new Rooftop Garden could also be a great place for sailway, with possible live entertainment hanging out in those trees!

b5378d52ca8ac656ccc3875a56706f5e.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the deck plans, depictions and ideas...I think I will provide this link to this thread to my roll call

We are starting to discuss Sailaway and a Cabin Crawl...

Any ideas about how the crawl could work on the EDGE would be appreciated. We want to do a look see, not socialize at length in each cabin but maybe do a bar stop midway or at the end???

Thanks for the deck plans, depictions and ideas...I think I will provide this link to this thread to my roll call

We are starting to discuss Sailaway and a Cabin Crawl...

Any ideas about how the crawl could work on the EDGE would be appreciated. We want to do a look see, not socialize at length in each cabin but maybe do a bar stop midway or at the end???

I was hoping you would start a new thread about cabin crawls. :D

I was hoping you would start a new thread about cabin crawls. :D

For Edge?

Okay will do later this evening..then we can keep this thread all about Sailaway ideas...

.re cabin crawl ...I never went on one but hope to get one going for our 1/27 roll call....Many are cruising with groups / friends, but I think we can get about 5 diff cabins...so far my AQ bed by balc and one suite..

Marilyn- Why do you think that the Edge Sunset Bar will have a smoking side? On M-Class on two of my recent cruises in 2017 (Constellation and Summit) they eliminated the smoking section in the Sunset Bar probably because it is above cabins with balconies. They did have a smoking side on my cruise in March on Solstice. Not sure about other S-Class ships. But you would think on the brand- new Edge they would not allow smoking at this bar but only in other specifically designated areas.

Marilyn- Why do you think that the Edge Sunset Bar will have a smoking side? On M-Class on two of my recent cruises in 2017 (Constellation and Summit) they eliminated the smoking section in the Sunset Bar probably because it is above cabins with balconies. They did have a smoking side on my cruise in March on Solstice. Not sure about other S-Class ships. But you would think on the brand- new Edge they would not allow smoking at this bar but only in other specifically designated areas.

On Solstice class it is one of the few places that is specially designated for cigars also. I would expect being an open air bar that it would have a smoking area also on Edge.

I think the port side smoking areas on 5 deck on Solstice class are more likely to irk those in cabins just above them on 6 deck more so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's true - they may not. On the Reflection and Eclipse last year there was still smoking on the port side so I just assumed that might be one of the smoking areas. They likely won't allow it in the Rooftop Garden since food is served near there, but who knows?

I admit I do like to have a cigar and scotch occasionally while on a cruise- a special guilty vacation pleasure. But not near non-smokers or food of course. I usually go to a smoking designated area usually on the lifeboat deck.