Isi it Me or the HAL Website??

jlnprt

I am trying to print out boarding passes and luggage tags. I disabled by pop up blocker, but it is still not letting me print. I went to the website and "thought" I unblocked everything, but now I get a message saying, "transport exception: Could not fetch transport." I restarted by computer (doesn't that solve all problems? LOL). Now, when I try to log into the website, it tells my session has ended and to sign in again. When I try that, I just get the same message. It is the HAL website or have I screwed something up? Thanks!!!

My favorite IT question, "Is your computer turned on?" Duh??!!

In all seriousness, it's probably the website. It's possessed. There has been some talk of using different browsers. Might try that. If that doesn't work, contact HAL and see if they can email you your docs. Good luck.

LOL ... My computer IS turned on, but that's a good question! I'm no computer expert, but I can usually muddle through the basics. We don't leave for 11 days, so I've got time, but it sure is frustrating!

You can get luggage tags before boarding from the porters. As far as boarding passes, we haven’t been asked for them on recent cruises. Go and don’t worry! It’s HAL’s fault for having such a crappy website. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Website totally useless from what I can tell. But it does apparently work better with Firefox than some other browsers (Chrome specifically). At least that my experience after being directed to Firefox by a kind CC member on another thread. Try firefox or another browser see if that helps. AND - call HAL and complain, or your TA. If they receive enough complaints maybe, just maybe, they will find a new company to redesign their new and improved (NOT) website. Obviously a total failure from what I can tell.

Jane

The error message I got last night was definitely the website. The website was working today, but I still couldn't print my documents. Went on the chat-line and was told they didn't have e-mail access and was given lots of advice that I should use internet explorer rather than firefox. I managed to get it figured out despite their advice! I have a top-notch computer security team (my adult "kids"). They are great at securing my computer, but less forthcoming about how to "unsecure" it! LOL

wow each cruise line seems to take turns having issues. For quite a while it was Royal and now it is HAL

But honestly not even being able to search for a cruise and get started is off the the wrong start and puts a bad taste in my mouth for HAL. NCL is the best so far and Princess is pretty good now too.

A few comments from my RollCall - a call to HAL claimed they were aware of the problem but blamed it as a " user browser" problem - that person was using Chrome.

Also, don't know if this was a spoof or not but one poster alleged it is HAL's new "policy" is to cut down on paperwork which is why you can't print anything out - just show up with your ID and cruise number. Save a tree. :hearteyes:

The new website is a TOTAL DISASTER. Just trying to research any cruise is so frustrating. Too many screens to flip through and too much photography we don't need. Having to start over every time you want to make a change is just stupid. After a week of trying I still can't figure out some things. Certainly not user friendly. Just another example of THE GREAT ONE trying to show off I guess.

We have 3 browsers (MS Edge, Opera and Chrome) on all of our computers and some of the reason is because of cruise line web sites :). Clean up your Cookies and History and try again :).

Hank

Website totally useless from what I can tell. But it does apparently work better with Firefox than some other browsers (Chrome specifically). At least that my experience after being directed to Firefox by a kind CC member on another thread. Try firefox or another browser see if that helps. AND - call HAL and complain, or your TA. If they receive enough complaints maybe, just maybe, they will find a new company to redesign their new and improved (NOT) website. Obviously a total failure from what I can tell.

Jane

Totally agree. The website is more difficult than ever to access information. I suggest the Company has a big re-think. The site is far worse than some of their competitors.

I am trying to print out boarding passes and luggage tags. I disabled by pop up blocker, but it is still not letting me print. I went to the website and "thought" I unblocked everything, but now I get a message saying, "transport exception: Could not fetch transport." I restarted by computer (doesn't that solve all problems? LOL). Now, when I try to log into the website, it tells my session has ended and to sign in again. When I try that, I just get the same message. It is the HAL website or have I screwed something up? Thanks!!!

I had the same problem with printing Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags from my Computer. I disabled Pop Up Blocker, etc., rebooted the Computer, etc. and still no luck. I still had time so tried on and off for over a week. I knew others reported problems and thought I would call HAL at some point if needed. I then decided to try printing them from my Husband’s Laptop and had no problem. Success! I’m not an IT expert so no clue why it worked on the Laptop.

We have 3 browsers (MS Edge, Opera and Chrome) on all of our computers and some of the reason is because of cruise line web sites :). Clean up your Cookies and History and try again :).

Hank

I tried cleaning up the Cookies and Browser History but no luck doing that either. I’m just glad it worked on the Laptop! :)

For people using Chrome, I found that if you set your screen zoom to 125% instead of 100%, a lot of the messed up graphics and missing information will now appear. It's certainly not a permanent fix, and the HAL website should accommodate any screen magnification that people use. This is a programming bug, and a temporary workaround.

I hadn’t logged in in a while, and now seem to get caught in a cycle of my password not being accepted, then resetting it, then after entering the new one, immediately getting the password-reset page again.

It gives me even more appreciation for my Personal Cruise Consultant!

Welcome to my world! Been having the same problem for weeks. No luck trying to book another cruise for next spring. Oceania website worked just fine and we booked a Caribbean. Does HAL know (or care) that they are losing business?

A new wrinkle today... for me, anyway... I can get to Plan a Cruise, but when I attempt to input parameters, this message appears:

GLOBALMDL-error, with a link to GLOBALMDL-ok. However, the link does not work, and neither the message nor the website can be closed. I have to shut down and start over to get rid of it