Alternate muster drill location?

jayscore

How does one go about inquiring about an alternate Muster Drill location for those who can't tolerate the length or heat for very long.

Thanks in advance!

Last year my husband had his knee in a big brace. Before the cruise we contacted guest services and let them know that he couldn't stand for long periods of time. We told our room steward before muster. I just went with my boys, and they had on the paperwork that he would be missing. He stayed in the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My DH cannot stand for the time muster takes on ships where you still meet out on deck so we always use Alternative Muster Drill for them. Our TA contacts CCL a few weeks prior to the sail date to request wheelchair assistance for boarding and disembarkation and to request the Alternative Muster Drill.

When we board I go straight to Guest Services to inquire where we'll be meeting. On the Sunshine it was in the Comedy Club and staff dismissed us 5 minutes before the deck muster so we could get in the elevators.

I asked where the need assistance area was and was directed to the comedy club. They scanned our cards on the way in and no further question where asked. My spouce was a couple months post back surgery and couldn't stand long.

I asked where the need assistance area was and was directed to the comedy club. They scanned our cards on the way in and no further question where asked. My spouce was a couple months post back surgery and couldn't stand long.

It really is this easy. Just ask one of the crew that is stationed to assist. Don’t bore them with why and a long medical explanation. Ask - Where is meeting place for those that require special assistance. They will answer and you go there.

Yeah, I just said she can't stand long, his response was go to comedy club. It was on the Sunshine, so easy!

Bar tenders where great about giving her a bag of ice to help with inflammation when she needed it. We made it work and still had a good time.

There will be a special needs location for the muster drill and we do it every time because I can't stand for long periods of time and DH comes with me. They take attendance. Just call Guest Services as soon as you board to find out the location on your ship. Easy peasy.