Birthday Celebrations on board

Jade31

I know there have been other posts about birthday celebrations on board. But I was hoping for more recent updates.

My family and I will be sailing on the Eurodam to Alaska as a birthday celebration for my mom in a couple of weeks.

I can't find anything on the cruise line website about buying a cake. Only thing I found was paying $30 for balloons and flowers in the stateroom. Some people have said that if you tell the wait staff they will bring you a cake, but we want to make sure this is guaranteed before we sail.

Also is it a full size cake or just a slice? And did you have to pay for it.

What is allowed for decorating the stateroom? Are the doors and ceilings magnetic? Can I use tape to hang stuff? Will the cabin stewards do anything if you tell them we're celebrating a birthday?

I celebrated my birthday on board a few years ago and I plan to do it again in August this year when we cruise to Cuba. If you tell the staff they bring a cake to the table, after dessert. Then as many dining room staff as can come to the table to sing. It’s wonderful. We were at a table for two and the cake was more than big enough for the two of us. Remember you’ve already had dessert. In fact, my husband was anxious that the staff had forgotten because they served the regular dessert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our TA let's Seattle know when we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. But a couple of times the staff forgot even though we reminded the dining room manager once we were on board.

It is a small cake -- free -- maybe it will be enough for 4 people.

Do not use tape on the walls. They are not magnetic -- at least not for ordinary magnets.

Cabin crew will not decorate your cabin.

We have celebrated my son and husband's birthdays onboard a couple of times now. Our travel agent/personal cruise consultant let the staff know there were birthdays during our cruise and my son and husband both received a small cake. One of the times we were eating in a specialty restaurant and they still brought a small cake when our meal was over. This was without me letting them know. We usually dine in the buffet and I have never notified staff about birthdays. Both cruises, for both birthdays (different days during our cruise) the cakes were tiny and enough for one....they definitely were the size of one piece of cake so not enough to share considering we are a family of 6! Perhaps in the main dining room the cake is larger.

I last celebrated a birthday back in 2014. Then the cake was more than enough for all six of us at the table to have a piece. It was rectangular, about 6 inches by 8 or 10 inches. I thought they were substantial pieces, particularly if served after a full meal with dessert. This would have been in the MDR.

We had a birthday cake on board and there was more than enough (too much) for the 6 of us.

The cake is free of charge.

Let your TA/PCC/HAL know that you are celebrating a birthday and it usually happens without a hitch.

If you are the least bit concerned, mention it to the dining room manager the night before and it should be good.

The waiters will do their song too. You'll hear it probably every night on the ship ;)