Kids' Birthday Dinner on Getaway?

sunnyayers

We are cruising on the Getaway in November. Our son is turning 10 during the cruise. We want to do a special/fun birthday dinner for him that night, but we are going with a large group (16 people) so I don't want to make a reservation for one of the more expensive specialty dining restaurants and have the people in our group feel obligated to go. Where on the Getaway would be a fun but affordable (<$10 per person) place to have a birthday dinner celebration for a 10-year old? One of the main dining rooms, Margaritaville, O'Sheehan's, other suggestions? Thanks everyone!

Margaritaville will cost more than your budget of 10. O’sheehans Is complimentary but getting a table for that many might be a challenge. Maybe try to reserve a table for 16 at the MDR?

Do the MDR and then get the cake, have the waiters sing. It still might be fun and you'll be saving your money for perhaps some arcade time for the birthday boy.

Just got off the escape on the 22nd. Ordered a cake fro guest services for my DW’s birthday and had it delivered to the MDR. We had 13 people and they said we needed 1/4 sheet. Half of that served us, cost was $48.00. The other half I was told would be delivered to my room (but never did see it) not that we wanted any more. Yes the servers did sing happy birthday.

fc4fa6b651772cca459620336d7a9d43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No candles tho. No fire on board. That was strange but understandable

Candle you see on the table is battery operated.

Thanks everyone! I think we will do the MDR and order a sheet cake and love the idea of treating him to some arcade time after that! I know the arcade was his 2nd favorite thing after the pool on our last cruise :-)

We are cruising on the Getaway in November. Our son is turning 10 during the cruise. We want to do a special/fun birthday dinner for him that night, but we are going with a large group (16 people) so I don't want to make a reservation for one of the more expensive specialty dining restaurants and have the people in our group feel obligated to go. Where on the Getaway would be a fun but affordable (<$10 per person) place to have a birthday dinner celebration for a 10-year old? One of the main dining rooms, Margaritaville, O'Sheehan's, other suggestions? Thanks everyone!

Maybe this is too obvious, but have you considered asking your son where he would like to have his birthday celebration?? He might be happy with a visit to the Gelato Stand followed by some fun attending Howl at the Moon. You won't know until you ask.