New Brochure With More Deck Plans Revealed!

vtcruising

Here is a description of * camp at sea *

Link did not work for me but I found the video quite easily,

Looks like a nice program, if they have enough trained staff to carry it through..

Would also like to see the pre schooler spaces b/c we might do a family cruise including a grandchild in a year or so,,,,, at 2 he is perfect for Sesame Place right now!

Using the library doesn’t really have much to do with the physical books. It’s quiet. It’s a comfy place to sit and read the paper, do a puzzle, solve a Sudoku, whatever. And for many of us who like the feel of real books, not having a real library will be a huge downer.

I agree. The 'Crow's Nest' on HAL ships are packed day and night. there is more than a Library there - the success is due most to the forward views; coffee shop and a bar. But the library does take up alot of real estate up there.

I still do like seeing a book collection. Just makes me happy.

I agree. The 'Crow's Nest' on HAL ships are packed day and night. there is more than a Library there - the success is due most to the forward views; coffee shop and a bar. But the library does take up alot of real estate up there.

I still do like seeing a book collection. Just makes me happy.

Worst libaray ever was on Oasis of the Seas...It was small and interior sbd smelled. Every chair and counch was taken by someone napping and snoring...

Link did not work for me but I found the video quite easily,

Looks like a nice program, if they have enough trained staff to carry it through..

Would also like to see the pre schooler spaces b/c we might do a family cruise including a grandchild in a year or so,,,,, at 2 he is perfect for Sesame Place right now!

The video is actually the current fun Factory/kids at sea program. They offered it on our Equinox cruise in April and again on the Eclipse two weeks ago. My kids enjoy the programs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My hard copy Cruise brochure arrived today,. YAY....can't wait to look through...esp the filled in deck plans for EDGE!

Online ones are nice but this will be easier for me,..

I got mine yesterday and am enjoying it. It's great for comparing ships too. I am tearing out the Edge deck plans for my cruise since they are pretty easy to read and are on shiny, sturdy paper. :D

I usually take them along too . They help us find our way around..esp on a new ship

One thing that stands more so with thehard copy book is that AQ class cabins are quite a distance from the Persian Gardens /Thermal suites...kind of a dumb layout...

As someone mentioned on another post, we will be taking larger beach/ and gym bags so we do not have to run back and forth to the cabin too much..

..We'll try to consolidate our stops into a logical route so we can enjoy the spa, solarium, gym and PG...far away from our home base! And we'll make a checklist..hate to run back for sunglasses or some small but necessary item.

We will be in a good location for BLU and Eden area...

As to the library,???? I know this will cause some negative reactions, but most of us are now bringing digital books and from my subjective view, I’d only see one or two people sitting in the library using it.

The library is a nice quiet place to retreat to, which I will really miss if there isn't one. I agree with you that it is not always used at full capacity... But it's nice to have a few quiet areas to get away from all the action (without needing to go to your room).

Using the library doesn’t really have much to do with the physical books. It’s quiet. It’s a comfy place to sit and read the paper, do a puzzle, solve a Sudoku, whatever. And for many of us who like the feel of real books, not having a real library will be a huge downer.
Ditto. I should have read your post before I just replied to the post above!

I am still hopeful that there are a few things yet to be filled in on the deck plans. I know the gray areas are gone, but there are a few white areas that may end up being a card room or library nook. On Eden deck 6 there is a little walled off area that is not labeled, for example. I suppose it could be a classroom, but the furniture is not set up like a classroom in the depiction. Could it be a quiet nook?

I have been trying to be withhold judgment until seeing the final reveals, in case there is more to what is shown on the plans. Did they need to get the brochure to the printer before it was totally complete?

enhance

One thing that I personally see potentially missing is a live music area near the dining venues. I am hoping The Club will have live music in the evening, with a similar feel as the Ensemble Lounge in the early evening (it sounds like it will be hopping later at night as a dance venue). We enjoy having a lounge near the restaurants to go and listen to live music before dinner or shows. The Theater Bar is not listed in the plans yet, but has been listed as a bar in the restaurant and bar reveal. Maybe there will be a nice bar on 4 or 5 near the theater with music in the evening? I won't hold out hope for that since bars near the theater tend to be just bars serving theater goers.

For me, it's hard to judge the ship without actually experiencing a cruise. I will see if we actually miss things that are not on this ship - other new venues may make up for the missing venues. I intend to have fun trying to find out! :D