Formal nights?

cndcruiser65

This will be our first time cruising with Norwegian. We will be on the Getaway this October. We have sailed 15 times with Royal Caribbean and enjoy the formal nights in the dining room. I was wondering if the Getaway has specific nights that are "formal attire"? Any other information about dining would also help us. Thanks

NCL has a "Dress Up or Not" night where you will see a handful of people in cocktail attire (rarely a gown or two). But overall, NCL is a very casual line. On the Dress Up night, you will probably see a lot more shorts and polos or sun dresses than semi formal or formal attire.

There are no formal nights on NCL ships.

There is a night called “Norwegian Night Out” which some people say is similar. Personally, I often don’t even notice which night that is, although few things interest me less than what other people are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify the difference between the two answers you have had so far, dress up or not Night has been replaced by Norwegian night out, but people often refer to it by its old name.

On longer cruises you do sometimes get dress up or not Night as well. Again, I wouldn’t know it was happening if it wasn’t for the flyers etc that you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be our first time cruising with Norwegian. We will be on the Getaway this October. We have sailed 15 times with Royal Caribbean and enjoy the formal nights in the dining room. I was wondering if the Getaway has specific nights that are "formal attire"? Any other information about dining would also help us. Thanks

The evening of the 1st full day at Sea is "Norwegian's Night Out". Some people will dress up but most will not. The Captain is available for abut 30 minutes (6:15 P.M. to 6:45 P.M.) for pictures in the lobby.

Check the Freestyle Daily which delivered to your cabin each evening for more information.

Enjoy your cruise.

There is no formal attire required.

All restaurants allow you to wear shorts to all meals. Except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue which request long pants for gents. That dockers or jeans and a polo shirt.

Yes, many will dress up a little, but It is totally optional.

There all no set dining times in the MDR. It is My Time Dining, show up when you want and when it fits your schedule. Specialty restaurants require reservations (made online 120 days prior to sailing or immediately upon embarkation).

You are on a Quantum-like class ship, so reservations for the two main theater shows and the Cirque dinner show (extra cost) are also required.

The reason many people prefer NCL is because there are no mandatory formal dress nights.