Best time to board

PSDottie

We will be on the Eurodam in Seattle tomorrow and since I don't have priority with HA I was wondering what are the most convenient times to board.

Edited by PSDottie
to put in Seattle

We will be on the Eurodam in Seattle tomorrow and since I don't have priority with HA I was wondering what are the most convenient times to board.

Boarding will commence at 11:30 am, starting with suite guests, 4 and 5 star mariners, and wheelchair passengers. It goes pretty efficiently, and you should be on board by noon, with your cabin ready for you to access. You will be sharing the terminal at Pier 91 (Smith Cove) with the Ruby Princess, so I would advise you to arrive at the terminal between 10:30-11:00 am if you can. The closer to 10:30 the better. Have a great cruise!

Get on Board as soon as you can and enjoy every minute of your CRUISE

We are on the Rotterdam out of Boston. Our documents say board at 1Pm. Is there any benefit from turning up early e.g. 11.30. Will we be delayed boarding.

That 1 PM boarding time is an old time HAL has used for many years.

No matter what port we are embarking a ship, we get to the pier by 10:30.

Depends what you want to do. If u want to be on the ship right way, get there around 1100 or 1130. I prefer to go around 130 and at that time there is usually no lines at all and you almost walk right on the ship. (Unless there was a delay to boarding)

Depends what you want to do. If u want to be on the ship right way, get there around 1100 or 1130. I prefer to go around 130 and at that time there is usually no lines at all and you almost walk right on the ship. (Unless there was a delay to boarding)
The initial crush is usually over by 12:15>12:30, and unless you really want to eat lunch in the MDR we think it's a lot less hectic to wait until at least 12:30.

Boarding will commence at 11:30 am, starting with suite guests, 4 and 5 star mariners, and wheelchair passengers. It goes pretty efficiently, and you should be on board by noon, with your cabin ready for you to access. You will be sharing the terminal at Pier 91 (Smith Cove) with the Ruby Princess, so I would advise you to arrive at the terminal between 10:30-11:00 am if you can. The closer to 10:30 the better. Have a great cruise!

I addressed my response to PS Dottie, above, specifically to address her question regarding boarding the Eurodam at pier 91 in Seattle, tomorrow, which is July 28, 2018. I have cruised from pier 91 at Smith Cove many times, including earlier this 2018 Alaska cruise season. Boarding will commence at 11:30 am. If PS Dottie has arrived early, before 11 am, she will be among the first to board. The Eurodam, with some 2,000 passengers, will be sharing the terminal with the Ruby Princess, carrying some 3,000 passengers. Although each cruise line has its own check-in and waiting areas, and passengers are directed to separate security lines (but which are not exclusive to either cruise line), they do share traffic access to the facility, and they do share porters. Therefore, it can and it will get busy at the pier 91 terminal tomorrow.

My response was only to address PS Dottie's question regarding boarding in Seattle, no other ports.

I addressed my response to PS Dottie, above, specifically to address her question regarding boarding the Eurodam at pier 91 in Seattle, tomorrow, which is July 28, 2018. I have cruised from pier 91 at Smith Cove many times, including earlier this 2018 Alaska cruise season. Boarding will commence at 11:30 am. If PS Dottie has arrived early, before 11 am, she will be among the first to board. The Eurodam, with some 2,000 passengers, will be sharing the terminal with the Ruby Princess, carrying some 3,000 passengers. Although each cruise line has its own check-in and waiting areas, and passengers are directed to separate security lines (but which are not exclusive to either cruise line), they do share traffic access to the facility, and they do share porters. Therefore, it can and it will get busy at the pier 91 terminal tomorrow.

My response was only to address PS Dottie's question regarding boarding in Seattle, no other ports.

I think we were all responding to the OP's question. Lots of us have cruised out of the same terminal. It's a matter of preferance. You can get there early to avoid the rush and if there are no delays, be among the first to board. I prefer not waiting around or having a delay (due inspections, ship not being zeroed out etc) and showing up a bit later when most of the crowd is on.