British Cuisine

Had Yorkshire puddings on a cruise out of Southampton, not good though, too heavy. I ate something similar to proper Yorkshire puds once in Utah but they called them German pancakes?

Fish and chips and hearty roast dinners are pretty typical British food, and of course, cream teas. I suppose for non Brits, these would be examples of British food in the same way that burgers and hot dogs are for US consumers.

I think the biggest factor in British Cuisine is that the ingredients are usually fresh and locally sourced, so not much chance of experiencing that on a cruise ship! Beef and steaks will be from animals that have been grazed in fields, not fattened up on grain in a confined yard. Many places, including MacDonalds, only offer free range eggs! Bought cakes will have a short ingredient list including such items as flour, eggs, butter and sugar. The ingredient list will not take up an A4 page of additives and there will be no corn syrup!

Had Yorkshire puddings on a cruise out of Southampton, not good though, too heavy. I ate something similar to proper Yorkshire puds once in Utah but they called them German pancakes?

Fish and chips and hearty roast dinners are pretty typical British food, and of course, cream teas. I suppose for non Brits, these would be examples of British food in the same way that burgers and hot dogs are for US consumers.

I think the biggest factor in British Cuisine is that the ingredients are usually fresh and locally sourced, so not much chance of experiencing that on a cruise ship! Beef and steaks will be from animals that have been grazed in fields, not fattened up on grain in a confined yard. Many places, including MacDonalds, only offer free range eggs! Bought cakes will have a short ingredient list including such items as flour, eggs, butter and sugar. The ingredient list will not take up an A4 page of additives and there will be no corn syrup!

I agree,well explained.

How do you take your cream tea. The Devon or Cornwall way?

For me it's Cornish every time :D

Although I live in Devon ( only for past 15 years, though ) I’m ashamed to admit its got to be the Cornish way, jam on first, then a big dollop of cream on top.

I do try and buy local Devon clotted cream though!

It is high in protein.[ATTACH]427744[/ATTACH]

I quite often eat black pudding raw, ok not technically raw as it is cooked when you buy it but I would eat it out the wrapper uncooked.

Nice in a cheese sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums