British Cuisine

Have to put a word in for the Scottish breakfast - which differs from the English one mainly by having potato scones instead of hash browns, and sometimes haggis too. Tend not to get mushrooms, but almost always black pudding. Really wish potato scones were available on sailings from Southampton - fantastic with a fried egg.

"Beans, beans, are good for your heart. The more you eat the more you fart"

The only problem with this kids rhyme is beans have never caused me to have wind. But cabbage: Green, Savoy and Red does.

Around here, it was “Beans, beans, the musical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah there is really no such thing.....!:rolleyes:(y)

They put the Fish thing next to the pool on Indy so the Brits feel at home and have the smell...:D

:D Thorben :D

Said in jest I'm sure but you may not be far from the truth!

You of course knew that until very recently the Director Of Culinary Experience in Miami was British and was in his role for the previous 4 - 5 years.

Every chance that like Wonderland that this was his creation.

Do you still eat that 'white pudding' stuff with breakfast in Scotland?

I think its white pudding in Ireland and square sausage (without skin so looks white?) in Scotland. Someone will correct me I'm sure.

Thinking about it I'm sure I've eaten Haggis on a UK cruise that had a British Isles theme one night in the Windjammer.

Cheers.

That's my experience after thousands of English breakfasts but it might be different for some people.

Graham.

I had beans on toast for tea yesterday, we had been out eating cream teas in the heart of Dorzit. No problems with wind as far as I was concerned although the OH did say I lifted the covers during the night:cool::D

Jamie Oliver.

Gordon Ramsay.

Marco Pierre White.

Now that's who we Brits like.

I Love, love, love Gordon Ramsey . I also have to put in a "plug" for Cumberland sauce. Had it with some sort of sausage in a little pub in London (The Haymow) and it was absolutely DELICIOUS ! Actually, DH ordered it, but I ate most of it and he had some of my Cottage Pie which was also very tasty. :D

I think its white pudding in Ireland and square sausage (without skin so looks white?) in Scotland. Someone will correct me I'm sure.

Thinking about it I'm sure I've eaten Haggis on a UK cruise that had a British Isles theme one night in the Windjammer.

Square is just sausage meat made into a block then sliced. It’s still pink. The only way sausage should be

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The white pudding' we had in Scotland was doughy and contained dried fruit. As someone who doesn't mix sweet and savoury, I felt it would have been better served with custard for pudding! This must have been 40 years ago almost, so things could well have changed.