Luggage weight allowance

Lees Cruisin

We are a family of 4,2 adults 2 kids. We are cruisin on the azura in 2 weeks time. I see there is a weight allowance of 23kg per case. How strict are they with these rules?

Southampton porters have never declined a case heavier than 23 kilos, and a good gratuity is always acceptable, if you get one's drift. 😉

Are you flying? If so it will be the airline that decides.

If you are using Intercruise coaches or Eavesway they do publish a weight limit but I've not known them refuse any luggage. But pity the driver who has to load them.

If driving it's up to you how much you can lift into the boot, or on to the roof rack.

The ship itself has no weight limit on luggage.

We are a family of 4,2 adults 2 kids. We are cruisin on the azura in 2 weeks time. I see there is a weight allowance of 23kg per case. How strict are they with these rules?
If you can carry your own cases there will be no problems for the porters.

I wouldn't put more than 23kg of weight in a case in case the handles broke with the case being to heavy.

If you are sailing from Southampton, you are not limited to one case per person, so why not split into another case or two if you are uncertain (we often use a holdall as an extra for T-shirts, jumpers and some shoes, for instance).

That would make life a whole lot easier for you as well as others and would also give more options on stacking cases into a coach if different sized bags are used.