Which is your favorite ship, and why?

cindik

Just getting back into cruising after a long hiatus. Last cruise was on the Glory in 2005. We have the Fascination booked for Dec. I realize that is a older, smaller ship. I booked it for the ports. Looking ahead to the next cruise. Any suggestions?

Toss up between Breeze and Dream. Breeze had slightly more dining options and felt more updated. Dream had just... amazing crew (way beyond the usual greatness) a few cruises ago. Also, though this changes, Dream's home-port of New Orleans beats Galveston in my book.

Carnival wise I have only been on the Victory (NYE this year,her last cruise before her dry dock) and the Glory in June I enjoyed both. I’m debating between the Magic and Conquest for next summer, I like the Conquest class size but I also want to try something new

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can honestly say I have enjoyed every Carnival ship I have sailed on, but my favorite ship so far is Magic. I like the layout of the ship, the Ocean Plaza with the Alchemy Bar right next to it, the Cloud 9 Spa features including the thalassotherapy pool, the Red Frog Pub, the large atrium with glass elevators and the large theater/lounges. In general, the Dream and Conquest class ships are my favorite.

Vista is a nice ship, but it has some big negatives in my opinion (smaller atrium, no glass elevators, smaller theater/lounges). We originally had a cruise booked on Vista earlier this month that we booked over a year ago. However, after sailing on Vista last year, we cancelled the cruise on Vista and ended up going on Magic instead.

Breeze. I feel like the dream class has the best design. I love the big comedy club with the real bar that's sort of off to the side. That along with the big main lounge and real night club set this class apart from the Vista class. I love the deck 5 ocean plaza and outdoor lanai which goes around the entire ship and the deck 4 lower promenade that allows you to get from one end of the ship to the other quickly. Those things along with the Italian restaurant on deck 11 set it apart from the older carnival ships. Now on the Dream class itself, Breeze has the red frog pub, thrill theater and the ropes course which Dream doesn't have. I'm not sure exactly where magic stands on those items. Add in I had the best combo of steward/waitstaff/barstaff on the Breeze.

I would pick the Pride... I love the layout. Not a behemoth with 6,000 passengers. I love the way it feels larger than it really is. I really love the atrium view/skylight in the Lido buffet. The overall decor is not gaudy. Plus it had Blue Iguana, Guys Burgers, etc.

It’s relatively old and showing it’s age, but still a favorite.

Any Spirit Class ship, especially the Pride since she is home ported fairly close to us. We will be on her for the 5th time in October. Very easy to navigate, never feel crowded, and a great Serenity area which I like even more than the Sunshine's. :cool:

Breeze. I feel like the dream class has the best design. I love the big comedy club with the real bar that's sort of off to the side. That along with the big main lounge and real night club set this class apart from the Vista class. I love the deck 5 ocean plaza and outdoor lanai which goes around the entire ship and the deck 4 lower promenade that allows you to get from one end of the ship to the other quickly. Those things along with the Italian restaurant on deck 11 set it apart from the older carnival ships. Now on the Dream class itself, Breeze has the red frog pub, thrill theater and the ropes course which Dream doesn't have. I'm not sure exactly where magic stands on those items. Add in I had the best combo of steward/waitstaff/barstaff on the Breeze.

The Magic has the Red Frog Pub and rope course, but not the thrill theater.

Any Spirit Class ship, especially the Pride since she is home ported fairly close to us. We will be on her for the 5th time in October. Very easy to navigate, never feel crowded, and a great Serenity area which I like even more than the Sunshine's. :cool:

This is great news! Another great review coming:D. I am doing the two week Alaskan coming up here Aug 25th 18' on the Splendor. I am going to attempt to do a review I hope it is half as good as yours.

I like any ship that leaves from Long Beach. I enjoy Inspiration and Imagination for their small boat charm, Miracle for our first suite, and Splendor for the spa thermal rooms and T pool. I loved sailing Horizon from Barcelona, as I was in Spain on business. It had that new ship smell and the towels were still fluffy. Horizon has to be my favorite, and I have already booked Panorama when she gets here.

I cannot bring myself to fly to a port to take a ship, if that is the only reason for the flight. It's like people in my neighborhood who drive their dog someplace to go for a walk.

I would pick the Pride... I love the layout. Not a behemoth with 6,000 passengers. I love the way it feels larger than it really is. I really love the atrium view/skylight in the Lido buffet. The overall decor is not gaudy. Plus it had Blue Iguana, Guys Burgers, etc.

It’s relatively old and showing it’s age, but still a favorite.

I love anytime I am on Carnival ship. They all have their special things however if I have to pick one it would be the PRIDE for the same reasons as they articulated above. I'm going to be sailing on her for school break again in 202 days:hearteyes:

The Pride is my favorite ship. I have cruised all classes that Carnival has and The Spirit class in my opinion is the pinnacle of their cruise ship design. The right number of passengers, the best indoor spaces, the pool with the optional cover for inclement days, rear serenity deck with pool.

The Dream class is my least favorite, but not everyone will care about what bothers me. First, too many passengers on the ship, then the indoor spaces are all also hallways. Lounges are split in two and the walkway to get to other places on the ship go through your lounge.