Summit 7-22 thru 7-28

brooklynphil

Just got off the Summit. Long time cruiser but first time on Celebrity. Our best cruise ever. Like the smaller ship. No hassle getting on or off. Best entertainment yet. The silent disco was great. Usually don't go to all the shows but did this time. All were super. Used main dining room all 7 nights and was the best food ever also. Celebrity sold me and will look to go again.:)

Just got off the Summit. Long time cruiser but first time on Celebrity. Our best cruise ever. Like the smaller ship. No hassle getting on or off. Best entertainment yet. The silent disco was great. Usually don't go to all the shows but did this time. All were super. Used main dining room all 7 nights and was the best food ever also. Celebrity sold me and will look to go again.:)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Summit. We will be on in Jan 2019. We have always liked the Summit.

Sounds wonderful! We'll be on the August 26th cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary! Our third time on Summit and our third time to Bermuda. Both ship and destination are special to us. Can't wait!

Carol

b - Thank you for the review... quick question, on departure, did you do a pass by of the Statue of Liberty?

Embarkation, was that relatively painless and quick?

I understand it will or can be different for each sailing.. we are on-board in a few weeks.

TIA and bon voyage

Embarkation has always been quick and easy for us. 3 out of our 4 times we did pass by lady lib.

For us too on the Summit, one of the reasons is that the terminal was built for the Anthem with many more passengers. Summit passengers sort of get lost in there.

Glad you enjoyed the week. You got on as we got off. Sounds like your week was as great as ours. I am already looking for a deal for next summer...
It's our favorite ship and Bermuda is our favorite destination. We are waiting for a deal for 2019 too. It seems like the deals were offered by now, last year. We like the May sailings before school is out. Our cruise this year was our fourth on the Summit and absolute best yet !

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

Loved, loved, loved Celebrity, the Summit, and Bermuda! Will definitely do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's our favorite ship and Bermuda is our favorite destination. We are waiting for a deal for 2019 too. It seems like the deals were offered by now, last year. We like the May sailings before school is out. Our cruise this year was our fourth on the Summit and absolute best yet !

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile

app

We found the prices got cheaper as we got closer to the sail date on our cruise. We booked about 95 days out and saw prices drop close to $1000 by the time we sailed. The good part was we were happy with what we paid for 2a and were upgraded to an A2 for the same price when the drops started coming. A lot really depends on how well the cruise is selling.

We found the prices got cheaper as we got closer to the sail date on our cruise. We booked about 95 days out and saw prices drop close to $1000 by the time we sailed. The good part was we were happy with what we paid for 2a and were upgraded to an A2 for the same price when the drops started coming. A lot really depends on how well the cruise is selling.
Our issue is reserving our very popular dog sitter. So we tend to book pretty far in advance. If we skip next year, which is what the plan is at the moment, it won't be the end of the world (maybe lol.)

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

We were also on this cruise in a corner aft family veranda and a concierge aft stateroom. Both amazing rooms. We spoke to one of the Hotel Officers and she indicated those rooms are not changing much. Crossing fingers the family room stays a family room and not a suite!

We were checked in and on board in less than an hour (arrived at the terminal at 10:30am). We had priority boarding and didn’t even have time for bathrooms before they ushered us on.

The customs line looked really long at debarkation, but we didn’t have to wait long as we were rushed off the ship after two of our 3 kids became suddenly very ill the last night. Our son almost passed out in the customs line and they couldn’t get us out of there fast enough!

We love the Summit and Bermuda and will be back again.

We had issues with dining reservations. Online showed all 7 in our party but on board they only had 4 of us listed (IT dept woes). Then my Captains Club number was completely deleted from the system and they had to redo my entire status info which took all week (more IT woes). Then the last night when the kids were sick, we needed all new bedding and got 2 top sheets and nothing else. We couldn’t let them sleep on the mattress with no waterproof protection so none of us slept at all. Our room steward was so angry and couldn’t apologize more and said he’d be complaining for us.

Guest services kinda sucked at understanding the need for us to not be the last group off the ship. But once managers stepped in, we were moved to the VIP group, our bags were pulled from the trolleys and they got us off quickly.

Needless to say the last 12 hours was rough and we’re glad to be home for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

b - Thank you for the review... quick question, on departure, did you do a pass by of the Statue of Liberty?

Embarkation, was that relatively painless and quick?

I understand it will or can be different for each sailing.. we are on-board in a few weeks.

TIA and bon voyage

You don't pass the Statue of Liberty but you see it all day from the port side. And Embarkation was very quick at 11am. Have fun.

I know the 10 day in June was very cheap at the last minute but we couldn't make it. Looking at next June's 10 day cruise, it is so expensive but I'm sure it will drop. May go again if " The Price is Right!". Come on down!

You don't pass the Statue of Liberty but you see it all day from the port side. And Embarkation was very quick at 11am. Have fun.

Two (2) quick questions, what was the time frame of the Muster Drill, if you recollect?

In which venue did you have lunch upon embarkation?

I never remember Muster Drill times and we do it every year! LOL Must be the champagne...

TIA and bon voyage

Two (2) quick questions, what was the time frame of the Muster Drill, if you recollect?

In which venue did you have lunch upon embarkation?

I never remember Muster Drill times and we do it every year! LOL Must be the champagne...

TIA and bon voyage

Muster was at 3:15pm.

My parents were in concierge and ate in the MDR for lunch. They said it was horrible.

We went directly to the pool, snagged the nice cushioned loungers between the two pools and made trips to the buffet for lunch. Ate right there on the pool deck. The kids were swimming by noon.

Muster was at 3:15pm.

My parents were in concierge and ate in the MDR for lunch. They said it was horrible.

We went directly to the pool, snagged the nice cushioned loungers between the two pools and made trips to the buffet for lunch. Ate right there on the pool deck. The kids were swimming by noon.

Thank you....

bon voyage

OP, sounds like you had a great cruise!. Sorry, Pirates, about your last evening--I know an experience like that can taint what may have otherwise been a great cruise. Strongly suggest you contact Celebrity postcruise dept and give them you comments about that experience. Sounds like it was handled inappropriately on several different levels.

By any chance did either you keep copies of the dailies?

I know the 10 day in June was very cheap at the last minute but we couldn't make it. Looking at next June's 10 day cruise, it is so expensive but I'm sure it will drop. May go again if " The Price is Right!". Come on down!

Exactly!. June and most of July are pretty quiet months for us so we can sit back and watch and wait. We had a great time on our cruise and we will be going back.

We will be on the Summit 8/12 and looking forward to it- especially after reading your comments.

Do you know what the cheapest internet package is- besides the ones that are hundreds of $$ - which is ridiculous !! ? Can you buy minutes like we have on other ships - like 30, 60?

Thank you!