Has anyone ever done a 3-4 Cruise and a 3-4 day Orlando visit?

How did you get to the pier? Is it easier to do the cruise last? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed 3 nights in Orlando before a 4 night cruise on Enchantment February 2016.

We dropped our hire car off at the airport and got our pre booked limousine to Port Canaveral.

When we got off the ship we were picked up by friends and went back to their villa then we all had a day looking around the shopping malls before picking our cases up from their villa and they took us to the airport.

We did 3 days in Orlando and 4 days on Sovereign of the Seas in 2001. We picked up the car at the airport in Orlando. We stayed in a hotel off of Disney property and drove to Disney and Universal. We did the land part first so we had to pay to park the rental at Pt Canaveral. We drove back to the airport after we disembarked from the cruise.

We had to do the cruise last because we were traveling with family for a wedding on one of the islands. We just tacked on Orlando to make a full weeks vacation. As a side note my kids 5 and 8 at the time were not over the moon about Disney and never asked to go back. They never stopped talking about the cruise. That was just fine with me.

Edited by Iamcruzin

We did 1 day at Disney, 4 days at Universal Studios, then took Lyft to Port Canaveral cruise port and went on 3 night cruise. On the way back, we rented a car at cruise port, visited Kennedy Space Center and drove to Orlando Sanford airport to catch our flight.

My adult daughter and I did this 2009, Since I live in Florida I could have driven my own car but rented one instead. I picked Her up at airport and we went to Disney Animal Kingdom hotel for three nights. ( A wonderful place to stay by the way). Drove to Port Canaveral and parked the rental car. Upon return drove her to airport and I drove home and turned in rental car. Four night parking of rental hardly added to the cost as the one week rental was less expensive than have one car three days and a second one for four days.

We have done this several times out of different ports. In fact, we are doing this again in Feb 2019 (cruise out of Miami)......we always cruise first, Orlando second. At most ports in FL there are rental cars at the ports.....so we get off the ship, take the rental car company shuttle to their 'port' location, rent the car and then drive to Orlando. At the end of our Orlando visit, we drive ourselves to the Orlando airport and return the rental car there. This way, you only need the rental for the days AFTER the cruise (the Orlando portion). In Feb, we are renting from Port of Miami, driving to Orlando (staying for 3 days), then returning the rental to Orlando (MCO) airport. Really easy and cost effective too!!

We have done it several different ways as well. We've always stayed at a hotel before and night after cruise though so no experience with going right to/from airport. Last few times, we've done Uber or Lyft (depending on which one's cheaper) to and from the cruise back to the Disney area. If you want to rent a car at the cruise terminal and are driving back to stay at Disney, Alamo has a a pick up/drop off at the Swan/Dolphin that is super easy. You literally pull up to hotel as though doing Valet, they check you out and you're done.

My wife and I have done this quite a few times since we are Disney Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. We are constantly on the move at Disney so we always do Disney first and then relax on the cruise. That way we arrive home relaxed. We actually started cruising with a land and sea package from Disney Cruise line. Since then, we have been cruising mostly on Royal instead of Disney because Disney became too expensive. For our next trip, we will be at Disney from August 10-13 and then on the Enchantment OTS from August 13-17.

My wife and I have done this quite a few times since we are Disney Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. We are constantly on the move at Disney so we always do Disney first and then relax on the cruise. That way we arrive home relaxed. We actually started cruising with a land and sea package from Disney Cruise line. Since then, we have been cruising mostly on Royal instead of Disney because Disney became too expensive. For our next trip, we will be at Disney from August 10-13 and then on the Enchantment OTS from August 13-17.

Great we want to do wdw first with no parks!! Then a 4 day how do you suggest getting to the pier from wdw? Thanks

Great we want to do wdw first with no parks!! Then a 4 day how do you suggest getting to the pier from wdw? Thanks

The best way to get around at Disney is with a private vehicle (either a rental car or, if you are like us and live in Florida, your own car). There are several rental agencies that will allow you to pick up a car at the airport and return it at the Cruise Port, although you may incur a drop-off charge for that. Alternately, you can return a rental car at the airport and take a bus from there to the port; the cruise line can arrange the bus service. I am told that one can enjoy Disney without visiting parks; there are even tour books on that subject. Nevertheless, even though my wife and I enjoy visiting Disney Springs, everything we know that is uniquely "Disney" is in the parks. Why bother going there if you are not going to parks?

Either rent a car one way or try a shuttle service. We just came back 3 weeks ago from wdw and did the rental. Rented a car from mco and kept it for the week we were at wdw. Drove to port, dropped off family, returned rental car and took shuttle back to port.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

The best way to get around at Disney is with a private vehicle (either a rental car or, if you are like us and live in Florida, your own car). There are several rental agencies that will allow you to pick up a car at the airport and return it at the Cruise Port, although you may incur a drop-off charge for that. Alternately, you can return a rental car at the airport and take a bus from there to the port; the cruise line can arrange the bus service. I am told that one can enjoy Disney without visiting parks; there are even tour books on that subject. Nevertheless, even though my wife and I enjoy visiting Disney Springs, everything we know that is uniquely "Disney" is in the parks. Why bother going there if you are not going to parks?

2 years ago my 17 yr old to have his appendix removed!! We missed out on a few relaxing things that we had planned and had to cancel like a fishing excursion at wdw! We would only need a car to the pier won’t need one at a resort! It can be very relaxing if you don’t do the parks! We were there 9 days 2 years ago and 3 hotels and 2 hospitals. Now to think of a resort a moderate or a deluxe that would be the most relaxing!

2 years ago my 17 yr old to have his appendix removed!! We missed out on a few relaxing things that we had planned and had to cancel like a fishing excursion at wdw! We would only need a car to the pier won’t need one at a resort! It can be very relaxing if you don’t do the parks! We were there 9 days 2 years ago and 3 hotels and 2 hospitals. Now to think of a resort a moderate or a deluxe that would be the most relaxing!

If you stay at a Disney-owned resort, the complementary bus service called the Disney Magical Express will provide round trip transportation from the airport to your hotel. Then you can take the cruise line bus from the airport to the port.

My plan would be: Fly to Orlando night before cruise and get hotel by airport. Head to port in the AM to get on the ship to maximize day 1 of cruise. Leave ship early as well to go and enjoy Orlando. Take evening flight home at the end of the trip to maximize time in Orlando.

Getting a 1 way car can be cheap between the airport and the cruise port.

The last 2 years have gone to Universal Studios first, followed by our cruise. We take Tiffany Towncar from airport to resort so we can stop at the grocery store for wine/ snacks and then Uber from resort to pier.

Surprisingly found I enjoy the Universal resorts more than Disney (which I loved!). Better service, gorgeous grounds/pools, lovely boat transportation to City Walk with ample restaurant choices (better food), and the ability to pool hop. I could happily stay at their resorts without ever hitting a park.

This past year we flew into MCO, took an Uber to Corrando Spring's (very relaxing even with construction) spent 2 nights there enjoying pools and Downtown Disney, then took Uber to port, then after the cruise, took Uber back to Dolphin Hotel for 2 nights before going back to airport again via Uber. We always checked price of Uber vs Lyft before heading out.

This past year we flew into MCO, took an Uber to Corrando Spring's (very relaxing even with construction) spent 2 nights there enjoying pools and Downtown Disney, then took Uber to port, then after the cruise, took Uber back to Dolphin Hotel for 2 nights before going back to airport again via Uber. We always checked price of Uber vs Lyft before heading out.

Thanks for the input so some do cruise first and some don’t?

What is your form of transportation when you use royal not Disney Cruise Line?