tipping on msc

miketriton

is tipping compulsory ,or can you stop it and tip who you want

Easy question as MSC specifically addresses the topic of tips on their website:

Tips
: MSC Cruises does not recommend tipping individual members of staff.

If you get a drinks package are the gratuities included?

Depends on what you mean by "get".

If you mean you get one included with your booking, then the answer depends on the specific package. Some yes, some no. Your booking agent can explain the details at the time of booking.

If you mean get as in purchase one, then the answer depends on when you buy the package. From MSC's website:

All prices listed are in USD and are subject to change without notice.
A 15% service charge will be added to all package prices when purchased onboard. If package is purchased before embarkation day, no 15% service charge will be applied.
Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis. Abusing the terms of the packages may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days or vouchers not to be refunded. No refunds will be issued on or after embarkation day. No refunds will be issued for unused vouchers. Packages may be added or removed up to four days prior to sailing. Availability of beverage packages varies by destination, sailing date and length of cruise. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Yes we are buying the deluxe drinks package but I read somewhere that the tips are 15 euros pppd. The info on their website isn't very clear, even when my husband phoned MSC about the drinks packages we were given different advice from different people. Bit strange really.

Yes we are buying the deluxe drinks package but I read somewhere that the tips are 15 euros pppd. The info on their website isn't very clear, even when my husband phoned MSC about the drinks packages we were given different advice from different people. Bit strange really.

That's the Daily Service Charge that's added to your onboard account daily, which is €10 pppd when the currency onboard is Euro or $12.50 when onboard currency is US$. If you wish to have it removed, you have to go to Guest Services and explain why (EU citizens don't need to give a reason - they have different terms and conditions around this issue).

That soon racks up on a 14 night cruise on top of the deluxe price

1.) Tipping has nothing to do with the Hotel Service Fee.

2.) Hotel Service Fee has nothing to do with any Drink Package.

The information for the Hotel Service Fee is posted on the MSC USA website

Link: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/General-Information.aspx

or you go to "My Booking" , "General Information" , "Useful Information" and click on "Service Charge".

This thread went from tipping to gratuities on drinks to daily hotel service fee, that is kind of confusing... :confused: