Overnight in Paris

Judilovestocruise

We are booked on a Celebrity Cruise leaving June 14, 2019 from Dublin to Amsterdam. There is an overnight in Paris. I was wondering if anyone has used a third party excursion that picks you up in Le Havre, books your hotel, delivers you to the hotel and then picks you up the next day to return you to the ship?

Judi

Also I would suggest you join the Roll Call for your cruise. We had an overnight in Paris on our cruise in June and many were going to overnight in Paris, some grouped together to share a car & driver to and from Paris. Others formed groups to take the train or the bus to Paris.

We rented a car and headed about 5 hours from the port to visit friends.

We are booked on a Celebrity Cruise leaving June 14, 2019 from Dublin to Amsterdam. There is an overnight in Paris. I was wondering if anyone has used a third party excursion that picks you up in Le Havre, books your hotel, delivers you to the hotel and then picks you up the next day to return you to the ship?

Judi

Its very easy to do on your own via train, but realistically you don’t get a lot of time in Paris. That being said, it turned out to be one of the great nights of my life! We had been to Paris several times before so we just had a great time walking around and soaking in the atmosphere. Walked down the Champs, revisited Notre Dame,stopped in several stores, had dinner in a bistro on Rue Clare and bought true French pastries at a bakery, then ended up sitting on a park bench watching the illumination on the Eiffel Tower while munching on our eclairs. Later we walked back to our hotel and had a glass of champaign in the quaint bar. The next morning we were up early to catch a train to Brugges where we met up with the rest of our traveling party who had spent their time with a tour to Normandy Beaches. (Which btw is another excellent way to spend the time in Les Havres)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did an overnight in Paris in June 2017. We used Private Tours Paris and were very pleased. They picked us up in LeHarve, private tour for 8 with guide for 2 days, they booked a dinner cruise for us and returned us to LeHarve via Versailles the next day. We booked our own hotels, although they would have done that for us too. We left LeHarve before most and returned with plenty of time to have dinner before departure. We didn't want the hassle of the train and wanted to maximize our time in Paris. Celebrity does provide transport only to Paris but we were already in Paris when the bus was scheduled to leave. Hope this helps.