Proof of CCL ownership for OBC

flyboyswife

My husband is telling me that he can only give me a screenshot of our brokerage statement to send to Carnaval to establish our ownership and receive the onboard credit. Apparently, we don’t get hard copy statements. Does anyone know if this is sufficient?

Also looking for the most recent contact information to submit said screenshot. In the past, I have sent proof of ownership via fax, wondering if they might accept via email ... since it is 2018.

Thanks in advance for any guidance & information!

talk to your brokerage. you should be able to view electronic copy of your account statements online or they can send you the statement in a pdf format

they do not accept emails, you will have to fax it. there is like dozen of free internet faxes that you can use to submit it. I used faxzero before.

I email mine every time and have not had a problem. We both own stock and neither get paper copies. But when we log into our accounts (different brokerages) there is an option to view a current or past statement. You should have something similar. Then print directly or download a pdf version. I have printed those and blacked out account numbers, etc then taken a photo with my phone and attached it to the email.

talk to your brokerage. you should be able to view electronic copy of your account statements online or they can send you the statement in a pdf format

they do not accept emails, you will have to fax it. there is like dozen of free internet faxes that you can use to submit it. I used faxzero before.

Their official policy is no emails, but in typical Carnival fashion, this is not true. I email in all the time. And if the screenshot has your name and a current date, it should be fine.

Is there a form that you submit with proof of ownership?

No form, I just send them a screen shot of my account showing the date and number of shares of CCL. It's a standard Scottrade screen. I usually get my OBC in less than a week.

No form, I just send them a screen shot of my account showing the date and number of shares of CCL. It's a standard Scottrade screen. I usually get my OBC in less than a week.

Does your screen shot have your name? Ours just had acct info. TIA!

Here is the email from my PVP sent to me after I inquired how to do this after I purchased my 100 shares. Now you can argue with her statement all you want but this is a Carnival employee providing guidance and gave me said guidance in writing. That's good enough for me.

Subject: RE: Stockholder's OBC

Hey sir!

You know recently they pulled the email back and for security purposes will only accept it via fax or US mail... Here is the information:

Carnival Cruise Line

ATT: Guest Admin Supervisor

Guest Admin, Mailstop MSM2-200

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number: 305 406-6102

After the reservation has been made, the shareholder must provide their name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example: photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with the brokerage account number blacked out).

XXXXXXX XXXXXX-XXXX

Personal Vacation Planner |Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Avenue |Miami, FL 33178

As Arte Johnson used to say, "Verrry interesting."

For our last five cruises I emailed our fax statement and received an email in response that our statement was accepted. The obc was listed in our docs. Our PVP never contacted us.

Be careful about screenshots, Carnival only needs information on Carnival stock. You cannot edit a screenshot to remove non-Ccl stock info.

I noticed the email stating a fax only submission came from a PVP. I suspect they do know every detail and will just respond with company standard info.

I have been getting the Shareholder OBC for years from Princess, HAL and Carnival. I have always emailed it to Carnival. In fact when I called Guest Administration the first time to get the fax number they gave me the email address.

I cross off my account number on my Fidelity statement and write on the booking number, ship, sail date and cabin number and scan it into my computer. Then I just attach it to an e-mail. In fact I did it again on Tuesday for our cruise next month. Got the e-mail from Carnival the following day that the credit was applied.

• 3 years later...
On 8/3/2018 at 9:29 AM, lostsoulcruiser said:

Be careful about screenshots, Carnival only needs information on Carnival stock. You cannot edit a screenshot to remove non-Ccl stock info.

I noticed the email stating a fax only submission came from a PVP. I suspect they do know every detail and will just respond with company standard info.

It is very simple to edit a screen shot.

1 minute ago, vwrestler171 said:

Why did you drag up a 3+ year old post?

Questions about the Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit are asked commonly. If a person searches Cruise Critic for information about it they will now find a correct answer.