Vaccinations for Panama Cruise

kevmates

Hi all

We are cruising the Panama next year and wanting to know if it is essential to get the Yellow Fever vaccination to go on shore in Nicaragua. Thanks

No vaccinations are required unless you plan to camp out overnight.

Hi all

We are cruising the Panama next year and wanting to know if it is essential to get the Yellow Fever vaccination to go on shore in Nicaragua. Thanks

We did not see one mosquito last January/February and visited one of the Embara indigenous villages, as well.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor and get another opinion but with that being said we have been on the Panama Canal cruise 3 times and never needed a y

ellow fever vaccination.

Your medical practitioner always has the last word so always consult with them. We did the through and in/out canal trips and went to South America (different cruises). Each time I asked my personal physician if I needed anything and all he had me do was get up to date immunization for tetanus and other needed immunizations. Getting yellow fever immunization is difficult as you may find out and is not needed unless one plans to move into the jungle for a long stay. It is not a problem along the coast or in the canal area.

We were on a Panama Canal cruise in March. We didn’t need any vaccinations and never saw one mosquito. That being said, our cruise didn’t go to Nicaragua which was fine with us. I’d be more concerned about safety there given the political issues.