Sapphire Princess - specialty restaurants

Jo and Rob

What are salts?

Oddly...just what they sound like. At the Crown Grill, (not found on Sapphire), specialty salts are brought to your table to sprinkle on and adorn your food, should you so choose. Hawaiian Black; Applewood Smoked; and Pink Himalayan. I don't know if Sterling Steak House does the same thing. The salts do not appear on the menu which was provided in a link several posts above. But the salts are prominently displayed and explained on the menu for the Crown Grill.

Oddly...just what they sound like. At the Crown Grill, (not found on Sapphire), specialty salts are brought to your table to sprinkle on and adorn your food, should you so choose. Hawaiian Black; Applewood Smoked; and Pink Himalayan. I don't know if Sterling Steak House does the same thing. The salts do not appear on the menu which was provided in a link several posts above. But the salts are prominently displayed and explained on the menu for the Crown Grill.

We ate at Sterling once. The salts were there.

Roquefort isn't "like a blue cheese. It is a blue cheese. ;)

How strong is it? Not sure if this will make any sense, but if you live for all things blue and moldy, the stronger and stinkier the better, you will say: "Meh. This is pretty mild." On the other hand, if you try to stay at least 10 feet from any aromatic cheese with blue mold, you will take one bite of the cheese cap and cringe. In other words, it will be mild if you are hoping for pungency, and will be strong if you are hoping for timidity.

Thanks for the clarification - how it was presented at our table was that it was like a blue cheese, they didn't say "a type of blue cheese". The person at our table was able to get a regular French Onion soup with out the roquefort cheese.

They were on the Sapphire Princess at Sterling Steakhouse. Hiwi Kai Black Lava salt is amazing - I have purchased it for home. I think one is Yakima Applewood smoked salt and didn't care for that as much.