Sapphire Princess - specialty restaurants

Jo and Rob

Sterling Steakhouse is a pop-up restaurant held in a section of the Horizon Court. Reservations are not taken until onboard.

Here is the ship-specific amenities page for Sapphire Princess. Scroll down and you will see that Alfredo's Pizza is part of 'included dining' plus the info for specialty dining:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/sa-sapphire-princess/index.html

Sterling Steakhouse is a pop-up restaurant held in a section of the Horizon Court. Reservations are not taken until onboard.

Here is the ship-specific amenities page for Sapphire Princess. Scroll down and you will see that Alfredo's Pizza is part of 'included dining' plus the info for specialty dining:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/sa-sapphire-princess/index.html

I couldn't understand why I couldn't find it on the deck plans. That makes total sense. Thanks for the link.

I can't find a price or any menus.

Thanks for this.

Do you find out when the formal nights are on the first day of the cruise? I don't want our booking to clash with a formal night.

Thanks for this.

Do you find out when the formal nights are on the first day of the cruise? I don't want our booking to clash with a formal night.

We did this cruise June 23. Our formal nights were 1st seaday, 2nd seaday, and then the short port day in Bergen. Your sea and port days match ours so I suspect your formal nights may follow the same pattern.

We were surprised that the 3rd was not on a sea day as well. Hope that helps.

Thanks for this.

There is no announcement that I am aware of, but certainly anyone who looks to be in charge a whatever Main Dining Room that you go to on your first day will be able to tell you. Attire for the day is published on the first page of the daily bulletin that you will get each day. The bulletin is called "Princess Patter" and is provided to you the night before each day. In other words, the Patter for Wednesday's events will be delivered to your cabin on Tuesday night.

We did this cruise June 23. Our formal nights were 1st seaday, 2nd seaday, and then the short port day in Bergen. Your sea and port days match ours so I suspect your formal nights may follow the same pattern.

We were surprised that the 3rd was not on a sea day as well. Hope that helps.

Yes thank you it does. It's my husband's birthday in Bergen but we don't want to miss a formal night with the children so we will probably book for the last night.

Is it possible to ask for a sauce with the steak? I'm surprised there are no sauces on the menu.

We were on the Sapphire a week ago on the Norway cruise. Some nights it wasn’t Sterling Steakhouse it was the crab shack. (Although I do recall it was the steakhouse on the last night)

We were on the Sapphire a week ago on the Norway cruise. Some nights it wasn’t Sterling Steakhouse it was the crab shack. (Although I do recall it was the steakhouse on the last night)

Thanks for the warning. I don't think Rob would see the Crab Shack as a birthday treat. Do you have a menu though just in case?

The first day on the patter lists what nights are formal nights. It was the first 2 sea days and then Bergen.

I am not sure how many Crab Shack nights but the 2nd half of the cruise they didn't seem to do it. There were some people at my table who wanted to use their "Free Speciality dinner" there but there were none for the rest of the cruise. I know I did wander down there one night to eat at Sterlings with out reservations and it was Crab Shack - this was early into the cruise. There are definitely more Sterling nights than Crab Shack nights. I wonder if it varies depending on interest.

On sea days for lunch, Alfredos can get busy. I had to wait once. Otherwise, you just got and are seated. You can bring a salad over from International Cafe if you want. I liked the pizza in Alfredos. There are defined pizzas but you can make your own.

Thanks for the warning. I don't think Rob would see the Crab Shack as a birthday treat. Do you have a menu though just in case?

Sorry no, we're not seafood eaters so I didn't even check! Similarly as my partner is vegetarian we didn't eat at the steakhouse - the menu suggested there were no vegetarian options available.

Is it possible to ask for a sauce with the steak? I'm surprised there are no sauces on the menu.

I wonder if this is regional. In the US - I live in steak country (midwest) and we don't serve sauces with our steaks here.

Can anyone tell me how strong the Black and Blue Onion soup is? I'm not a big cheese fan (but I do like pizza, so some cheese is ok). I just want to make sure it is not a very strong cheese flavour.

It uses Roquefort cheese which is like a blue cheese. If you want a standard French Onion Soup, they can accommodate you. I don't eat either, so can't comment on it.

It uses Roquefort cheese which is like a blue cheese.

Roquefort isn't "like a blue cheese. It is a blue cheese. ;)

How strong is it? Not sure if this will make any sense, but if you live for all things blue and moldy, the stronger and stinkier the better, you will say: "Meh. This is pretty mild." On the other hand, if you try to stay at least 10 feet from any aromatic cheese with blue mold, you will take one bite of the cheese cap and cringe. In other words, it will be mild if you are hoping for pungency, and will be strong if you are hoping for timidity.

Yes thank you it does. It's my husband's birthday in Bergen but we don't want to miss a formal night with the children so we will probably book for the last night.

Yes, what is your desire? HP Fruity or HP brown? We now use chili on our chips. Just ask for the HP sauce as they have it.

Yes, what is your desire? HP Fruity or HP brown? We now use chili on our chips. Just ask for the HP sauce as they have it.

I'm not talking about sauce from a bottle! I'm talking about a béarnaise sauce, a peppercorn sauce, a chasseur sauce that you pour over your steak. In England we serve steak with a sauce. Or we might have some mustard with a steak.

• Like 1