Departure Speciality Diner

azgrandmax3

I am aware that we are to receive a complimentary specialty dinner as passengers in a full suite. But can someone inform me if this appears on paperwork we receive from Princess? Is there a name given to this benefit? Also do we have to schedule for our first evening or can we request a reservation for a few days later. Thanks we are just trying to be prepared for whatever is to come. azgrandmax3

I am aware that we are to receive a complimentary specialty dinner as passengers in a full suite. But can someone inform me if this appears on paperwork we receive from Princess? Is there a name given to this benefit? Also do we have to schedule for our first evening or can we request a reservation for a few days later. Thanks we are just trying to be prepared for whatever is to come. azgrandmax3

No paperwork, not noted. Its a suite benefit they are well aware of.

Depending on the ship and staff at the time of your cruise sometimes it can be moved to a different evening. We have had a couple cruises where they would not allow us to change it.

See the specialty restaurant manager on embarkation day. They will be there for a few hours taking reservations.

I think is depends on the length of cruise, but generally it the first night, a few time we have had it on the second night.... ( as Keith said not on paper work ) .. a few times they have rang our cabin to ask what time and night we would like our speciality dinner

Enjoy your cruise

Don

It is a nice perk for suite guests. I used this perk last year and will again for my next cruise. I will go the first night. Last year the Crown Grill was not crowded at all on the first night. Go figure

When I was on the Island Princess in July in Alaska, we were concerned about getting a reservation on embarkation night because we were coming down from the Denali Princess Lodge via the scenic train, which was a nine hour ride. We didn't board the ship until after 5:30pm.

However, there was no problem being seated in the restaurant of our choice (there were only two on the Island Princess).

Steve S