We got upgraded! But....important question

Hi! So we got upgraded within the last 24 hours for our Allure of the Seas sailing that leaves tomorrow. We’re so excited because we’re on our honeymoon! But...how will this work? I have the app so I can use that for my new set sail pass. But what about my luggage tags? We can try to stop at a hotel tonight that has a printer but its freaking me out a bit.

Any similar experiences? Did the porters get new ones for you? Are you responsible for it? Heeellp!

You will not be able to get into your reservation the day before your cruise. You will be able to get tags from the porters.

Congratulations on your wedding. Enjoy your cruise and honeymoon

Good to know! This is my 15th Cruise but I’ve never had to get into my reservation this late. Thanks!!!

Congratulations!

If you have old room tags, suggest you mark through with a magic marker entering your new room number or as suggested, have a porter tag your luggage with the new cabin number.

For what it’s worth, we have carried our bags on (yes, through scanners) for the past four years. Saw this happening and said - why not? This was after years of walking off with our luggage at cruise end.

We have had several staff say - you can’t. However, we watched many a cruiser before us take their larger bags through security, so yes - we do. Must admit, last cruise, I did have a laugh as we wouldn’t be seeing him again after he said the suitcase wouldn’t fit.

Lugging one medium suitcase vs checking a bag and lugging a third bag (with meds, cameras and computers) has proven to be much easier on this cruiser. Yes, we may have to lug it around till rooms are ready, but same came be said for 50% of those with carryons.

No worry about lost bags, if something doesn’t look right, security checks it out and off we go. Our bags also aren’t worn out or needing repair/replacement due to rough handling.

Enjoy your cruise. We head out next weekend,

It only works for select ships

It works on Allure which the OP said they already had their SetSail on in the app. I don't need a screen shot of the app but how the SetSail looks like on the app - might be helpful for others as this is a new thing.

We were used graded at the check in counter after we had already left our bags with the porters.

Magically, they appeared at our door a couple of hours later.

So don’t worry, just enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were used graded at the check in counter after we had already left our bags with the porters.

Magically, they appeared at our door a couple of hours later.

So don’t worry, just enjoy!

Awesome!!! I figured your name is on them so they would find out where they go eventually!

Congratulations!

If you have old room tags, suggest you mark through with a magic marker entering your new room number or as suggested, have a porter tag your luggage with the new cabin number.

For what it’s worth, we have carried our bags on (yes, through scanners) for the past four years. Saw this happening and said - why not? This was after years of walking off with our luggage at cruise end.

We have had several staff say - you can’t. However, we watched many a cruiser before us take their larger bags through security, so yes - we do. Must admit, last cruise, I did have a laugh as we wouldn’t be seeing him again after he said the suitcase wouldn’t fit.

Lugging one medium suitcase vs checking a bag and lugging a third bag (with meds, cameras and computers) has proven to be much easier on this cruiser. Yes, we may have to lug it around till rooms are ready, but same came be said for 50% of those with carryons.

No worry about lost bags, if something doesn’t look right, security checks it out and off we go. Our bags also aren’t worn out or needing repair/replacement due to rough handling.

Enjoy your cruise. We head out next weekend,

May I ask what is the largest suitcase the scanners will accept? Thank you.