Post Cruise Hotel - Rome

naugelli

While I agree Termini isn't the best location for exploring Rome, it can make sense if someone is just looking for a hotel for one night enroute to somewhere else.

If the OP is only looking to spend a night and then head to Venice on the train, staying near Termini can make the logistics easier.

I've stayed at UNA Hotel that's just about a block from the main entrance to Termini station -- it's a big, relatively American-style hotel (large rooms, grand breakfast buffet); it's very convenient and dependably good, if a bit bland.

For the trains, you want the high-speed train from Rome to Venice. You're best off making reservations several months in advance for the best rates. Go to trenitalia.com, don't use a middleman. The fast train from Rome to Venice is called the Frecciargento.

I’ve stayed at Nord Nuova, about a block from Termini. Not the best tourist area, but very convenient for a night or two. Leonardo Express to/from airport is convenient and cheap, and access to junction of Metro lines, as well as street cars, makes getting around easy. Clean, comfortable, excellent service and good included breakfast at a reasonable rate.

For lots of information, go to the ports of call boards, then Europe and the Med countries. You can get all kinds of information on hotels. Probably 15 years ago we took the train from Rome to Venice and I was able to get step by step instructions by searching. I also wrote a detailed step by step post of what we did and where we stayed. If you do not know how to get to those boards or search, just ask.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Forums mobile app