Escape Room -- Anthem -- Info Please

mfabz

How large is the Escape Room on the Anthem and how large is the group? Is there a charge for this activity? How often is it offered -- port days? sea days? I understand you need to make a reservation once you are on board. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your reply.

We were in a group of 12 and the room really isn't that big so 12 people were plenty! Ours was on a sea day and we immediately signed up for this when we boarded by some of the crew staffed in the theater. We lucked into the last 2 spots so book this as soon as you can. It was fun and our team got out within the last few minutes.

There was 14 in our group including a 4 year old so I think it depends on the crew member if they enforce the age limit or not. We were all one family so that may be why they let him in as well. It is not a huge room but it did not feel crowded with 14 people working on different puzzles. We got in line in 270 as soon as we boarded at around 11AM and we were able to reserve the morning of the last sea day of our 9 night cruise. I am not sure how often they do it but it is definitely worth doing.

How large is the Escape Room on the Anthem and how large is the group? Is there a charge for this activity?

How often is it offered -- port days? sea days?

I understand you need to make a reservation once you are on board.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Mfabz :)

As already stated, the age limit is 14 and older located @:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-activities/escape-room-the-observatorium

Most often the group size is 12 to 14 people.

'Escape From The Future' has far more reservation time slots on sea days. Not too many time slots on port days at all, depending on the length of your sailing.

It is complimentary. There might be a $25 no show fee if not cancelled 12-hours prior to your reservation.

The 'Escape From The Future' escape room is located in the SeaPlex.

Reservations can be made as soon as you board @:

1) Directly at Guest Services

2) At The SeaPlex itself, at the (Activities Desk)

3) On the Royal IQ App

4) Reservations (might) be available at the Main Theater, or at Bolero's Club, or at Two70.

5) Ask a crew member once onboard

Reservation time slots can also become available & be made in the Cruise Planner. Just add to your cart, pick a day & time. (Example below)

However, if & when time slots open up in the Cruise Planner, they will not be available long. Maybe one to three days, or less. Reservations fill up quickly. So check your Cruise Planner often.

Have a terrific voyage!

PicsArt_12-20-05.42.47_zpsogvvxxw9.jpg

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

There is a chance to go standby but it's not clear where to line up to wait. Our group had a large family who had a couple of no shows so they let in four more who just happened to poke their heads in at the right time. It's about an hour and fifteen minutes between each game so you could end up waiting a long time for nothing if you don't sign up in advance. We really enjoyed the escape room and would love to try it again on another ship.