Platinum and faster to the fun

NJEMT29

I just looked at my cruise for next year and we are now Platinum but when I booked this cruise we were only Gold when we were gold I bought faster to the fun for $89.99 .The question is do I need it now?

I really only get it for the priority tender boarding and getting off the ship first . My daughter will be on our next cruise will she be able to stay with us when we go to the priority waiting area thanks for any help

If you are platinum you no longer need FTTF as the perks are the same, so make sure you cancel and get your money back. As long as your daughter is staying in the same cabin as you she will also be covered under the platinum perks of priority boarding & tender. Can't speak specifically about the friends coming to your cabin, but since your's will be ready right away I would imagine it would be okay if they are only going into your room and not their own.

I just looked at my cruise for next year and we are now Platinum but when I booked this cruise we were only Gold when we were gold I bought faster to the fun for $89.99 .The question is do I need it now?

I really only get it for the priority tender boarding and getting off the ship first . My daughter will be on our next cruise will she be able to stay with us when we go to the priority waiting area thanks for any help

Save your money, you don't need it!

Why would you buy it you were becoming platinum ??????

if you are platinum, you can take your friends with you to your cabin if they board the same time as you. They can hang out with you there and enter their cabins when they are ready after 1:30, or drop their stuff and go have lunch/explore until their cabins are ready.

You no longer need FTTF

Yes your daughter is allowed to wait with you in the priority waiting area.

We can go to our cabin as soon as we board. Will they allow our friends, who are not platinum, to pass through the hall door to get to our stateroom after they board?

They don't have a guard at the door - you just walk in. We have taken non Platinum people with us to luggage drop in our cabin without issue.

You no longer need FTTF

Yes your daughter is allowed to wait with you in the priority waiting area.

Not if she is over 21 and not in their cabin. The check in for priority and non-priority is in 2 separate places.

Pat

They don't have a guard at the door - you just walk in. We have taken non Platinum people with us to luggage drop in our cabin without issue.

This isn't always true anymore. On some ships, they have a staff member in the hallway stopping people who aren't priority. On my last cruise, a crew member tried to stop me telling me only Platinum and FTTF could go to stateroom before 1:30. I showed her my boarding pass which was clearly stamped Diamond, and she argued that Diamond didn't have priority!;p I laughed and proceeded to walk thru doors. She ran off to get a supervisor, took her job seriously!, and came back saying how sorry she was!!

Pat

This isn't always true anymore. On some ships, they have a staff member in the hallway stopping people who aren't priority. On my last cruise, a crew member tried to stop me telling me only Platinum and FTTF could go to stateroom before 1:30. I showed her my boarding pass which was clearly stamped Diamond, and she argued that Diamond didn't have priority!;p I laughed and proceeded to walk thru doors. She ran off to get a supervisor, took her job seriously!, and came back saying how sorry she was!!

Pat

Aww poor kid. Normally the brand new crew members get the "hallway monitor" duty. I'm sure she was told to only allow FTTF and Platinum and probably never heard of a Diamond passenger. I'm also sure that her supervisor gave her a very hard time for not knowing who you were.

We feel almost apologetic going down those halls early to drop carryons. The crew are so frantically busy; now more than ever! There are usually vacuums and supplies all down those halls. There really isn’t space for folks to be going to their cabins. We wish that Carnival wouldn’t cut back so on these workers.

Pat

I guess you showed her. :rolleyes:

Aww poor kid. Normally the brand new crew members get the "hallway monitor" duty. I'm sure she was told to only allow FTTF and Platinum and probably never heard of a Diamond passenger. I'm also sure that her supervisor gave her a very hard time for not knowing who you were.

I have to agree this is probably what happened and the fault of management for not training crew properly. When she came to apologize, we assured her it was no big deal and not to worry about it. We are not"those people" that flaunt status but I'm also not going to stand in the lobby and argue with an unimformed staff member. When she walked away to find a supervisor, we just went to our room.

Pat

Yes, I feel bad for them too.. and to the diamond cruiser above,what part of priority on your boarding pass didn't they understand?

As has been stated, she probably had only been told FTTF and Platinum had early access. The crew is stressed by trying to get so many rooms ready so early, when we do go to our rooms, all we do is drop off carry on and leave to get out of their way.

Pat