Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 8/7/2023 at 11:25 AM, silkismom said:

Lirio, when you have time, could you please tell me if you know anything about the following stops in Brazil, we are doing a Buenos Aires to Rio Mar 2024. Itajai, Santos, Iiha Grande, Buzios, this is on Regent, also don't miss for Rio, we will be there 3 nights after the cruise.   

Anyone else who has been to those places, please jump in.  Thanks so much, other than BA these are all new ports for us.

Alas, cannot be of any assistance re: Rio but definitely need to get back there! 

My only trip to Rio was on a business trip many years ago. Our CEO realized at our originating airport that he had forgotten to pack any clothing in his suit bag (!!!). 

Fortunately, I knew there was a men's clothing store at MIA so during the layover we went there and he bought a new suit and several shirts.  Unfortunately, he apparently did not try everything on.🤦‍♀️

After we arrived, while I was at the client's offices making sure that everything was set up for our meetings the following day, the boss called and said "Can you swing by the mall and pick me up some shirts? I didn't try these on at the store and they don't fit."  

So while the rest of the team went sightseeing and up to Corcovado, my only free time in Rio was spent buying shirts for the boss. 🫤😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Alas, cannot be of any assistance re: Rio but definitely need to get back there! 

My only trip to Rio was on a business trip many years ago. Our CEO realized at our originating airport that he had forgotten to pack any clothing in his suit bag (!!!). 

Fortunately, I knew there was a men's clothing store at MIA so during the layover we went there and he bought a new suit and several shirts.  Unfortunately, he apparently did not try everything on.🤦‍♀️

After we arrived, while I was at the client's offices making sure that everything was set up for our meetings the following day, the boss called and said "Can you swing by the mall and pick me up some shirts? I didn't try these on at the store and they don't fit."  

So while the rest of the team went sightseeing and up to Corcovado, my only free time in Rio was spent buying shirts for the boss. 🫤😅

Unfortunately,  there is no adequate button to respond to your story Dolce!  Hence the completely inappropriate "like".  What is it with men not trying things on?  Seriously!  Very "not cool" to be asked to pick up some shirts.  Clearly you knew his size better than he did.  Points for you!  Demerits for him! 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mysty said:

Unfortunately,  there is no adequate button to respond to your story Dolce!  Hence the completely inappropriate "like".  What is it with men not trying things on?  Seriously!  Very "not cool" to be asked to pick up some shirts.  Clearly you knew his size better than he did.  Points for you!  Demerits for him! 🤨

Heh - the part that blew my mind was when we were standing at our gate before the first flight with his suit bag slung over his shoulder and he said "This feels light; did I forget to pack my suit?", then called his wife who confirmed that his clothes were still hanging on the bedroom door. 😆  

And no, did not know his size at all plus he gave me US sizes, which we had to convert to European sizing at the mall.  So I made sure that he would have a shirt that fit by buying three shirts in slightly different sizes...  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Heh - the part that blew my mind was when we were standing at our gate before the first flight with his suit bag slung over his shoulder and he said "This feels light; did I forget to pack my suit?", then called his wife who confirmed that his clothes were still hanging on the bedroom door. 😆  

And no, did not know his size at all plus he gave me US sizes, which we had to convert to European sizing at the mall.  So I made sure that he would have a shirt that fit by buying three shirts in slightly different sizes...  

I hope you were paid what you were worth Dolce! 😁  Awesome skill set! 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

This car is a french 'Delahaye 175s roadster', introduced at

the Paris

motor show in 1949. Only one was ever made. It was recently

sold at

auction for around five million dollars.

rare-k.jpg.b9418c5b3dc978f10d051073c7e5d486.jpg

Gorgeous. But I can't imagine trying to parallel park in this! 😅

• Haha 4

On 8/7/2023 at 5:12 PM, mysty said:

For our upcoming adventure we are looking forward to meeting @wendychandra, @JoGay, @profpeabody, @DRK0312, @wristband, @HappyLadyTravels, @mjbuckley, @burfies

@HappyCamper777!

A lovely post, Mysty!  Remind me though, what adventure will we be meeting at for the first time?  I'm afraid my memory doesn't serve me as well as it did in the past. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HappyCamper777 said:

A lovely post, Mysty!  Remind me though, what adventure will we be meeting at for the first time?  I'm afraid my memory doesn't serve me as well as it did in the past. 

The 2024 World Cruise....hopefully at the pre-cruise Gala dinner.  If not then,  later on the cruise. 😁

1 hour ago, mysty said:

The 2024 World Cruise....hopefully at the pre-cruise Gala dinner.  If not then,  later on the cruise. 😁

Thank you, Mysty.  It appears I may have given the wrong impression somewhere along the line as I won't be on the world cruise, unfortunately.  What a dream that cruise would be though. 

I hope you have a lovely time sailing this forthcoming holiday season and winter, and hopefully our paths will cross on board a Silversea ship someday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HappyCamper777 said:

Thank you, Mysty.  It appears I may have given the wrong impression somewhere along the line as I won't be on the world cruise, unfortunately.  What a dream that cruise would be though. 

I hope you have a lovely time sailing this forthcoming holiday season and winter, and hopefully our paths will cross on board a Silversea ship someday.

Thank you @HappyCamper777 !  I may have misinterpreted a post somewhere along the way!  I share your hope that we will sail together on a Silversea cruise at some point! 🥰

• Like 1