pricre increase

bronxboy683

What is your point ????

I'm not sure, but it appears he believes the $600 increase applies to him, but if he booked with deposit at a lower price, his rate is locked and any increases in price will only affect other people who haven't booked yet.

I'm not sure, but it appears he believes the $600 increase applies to him, but if he booked with deposit at a lower price, his rate is locked and any increases in price will only affect other people who haven't booked yet.

I agree with this. However it's a bit confusing because he sails in a month. Final payment should of been due a while back. He should have his cruise paid off.

But to the OP, cruise prices are just like gas prices, car prices, grocery prices, airline prices, train tickets, etc. Prices fluctuate almost daily. Typically going up.

I have paid in full, my point and my only point is that the prices of cruises rise quickly and substantial.so for me if the price seems pretty good when I first price it I book it. In the ten or more cruises we have taken. When I check, have never seen a lower fare. I usually book about 4 or 5 months before the sailing date. Also don’t reall check it very often..

Smooth Sailing...

I have paid in full, my point and my only point is that the prices of cruises rise quickly and substantial.so for me if the price seems pretty good when I first price it I book it. In the ten or more cruises we have taken. When I check, have never seen a lower fare. I usually book about 4 or 5 months before the sailing date. Also don’t reall check it very often..

We rarely see a price drop since we need to cruise during the summer. The this year we booked a year in advance and I got over $1,000 in price drops so it does pay to check.

The only other time I had a price drop was when the Concordia sank, I called my PVP six times in a week for price drops over $900. Hopefully something like that does not happen again but things do happen that can affect cruise prices.

We rarely see a price drop since we need to cruise during the summer. The this year we booked a year in advance and I got over $1,000 in price drops so it does pay to check.

The only other time I had a price drop was when the Concordia sank, I called my PVP six times in a week for price drops over $900. Hopefully something like that does not happen again but things do happen that can affect cruise prices.

We received a $1400 price drop on a Spa Balcony cabin for 4 on the Magic...we booked before the ill-fated Triumph Poop Cruise...got the OBC about a month after the Poop cruise.

The second morning of the cruise I went to Kiosk and pulled out that OBC is cash. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Smooth Sailing...

Hi there

Prices will either go up down or sideways. Sometimes they will go down before they go up, or vice versa.

If you are regularly sailing at a time when school is out, you may be hitting a sweet spot just before many others decide to book. Once the cruise lines sees that sales are going well (I would guess they have some algorithm that makes the determination for each cabin class), the prices should climb steadily. That would also be when their "upgrade fairies" get to work and attempt to move people from more popular cabin classes to something else.

At this point it would seem you only look at prices when you are ready to book and it seems to have worked well for you. As a matter of interest, you could just take a look at cabin prices for a variety of cruises a year or more out (but something you would consider because of time of year), jot them down and check back every month or so. It might be enlightening for you. If you like to cruise and you feel that it is something you might do regularly, it could beneficial to understand where the prices started at vs. when you would normally book.

hope this helps

happy sailing

Smooth Sailing...

Booking 4-5 months prior to the cruise is considered "last minute" in terms of cruising. We try to book at least a year in advance. Our sailing for next May has already gone up over $700!!

It’s been my experience that the best savings is booking a year or more out. Price is usually good, and your able to watch for those price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I check the price of my sailing every day. It may seem ridiculous but I can sleep sound at night knowing that I will pay the absolute lowest this cruise is listed at with any available promotions (to me).

Thankfully you get locked into the price once you place your deposit and as long as you complete the full payment by final payment day.

We received a $1400 price drop on a Spa Balcony cabin for 4 on the Magic...we booked before the ill-fated Triumph Poop Cruise...got the OBC about a month after the Poop cruise.

The second morning of the cruise I went to Kiosk and pulled out that OBC is cash. Every cloud has a silver lining!

I didn't realize that we could withdraw OBC in cash. I thought you had to use it on the cruise ship?