LIVE from Grand Princess 01/07/06 Sailing

LauraS

Hey Anne!! I figured he might not have made it to dinner... last I heard he was heading to CNC's :D But I did see you guys Tuesday night, captured the pic from the webcam... although half of the people we only saw arms and legs :p Enjoy your sea day!!!!

Miranda, although I am not booked on the Grand, Randy and I were talking about perhaps doing a group cruise if things went okay with this cruise (still waiting on the verdict from that!!!)... so I'd be interested in the listing as well... I read the whole thread, and I saw the "admiral's" reply, however, it only addressed the listing while tendering... not Anne's comment that there has been a slight list throughout the cruise... which is what I think Miranda was asking. I'd be interested in hearing about that as well...

From Host Anne's post:

As for the listing...the ship has had a slight list since we left Galveston although I must say that the list yesterday was very, very noticable. We weren't worried about it but it did seem odd that throughout the cruise, there has been a slight list to the ship overall.

I'd like to know if it is the Grand is leaning too.

:rolleyes: listing and leaning!:rolleyes:

:eek: Perhaps there is a nautical dictionary online?:eek:

My wife & I noticed some slight listing/leaning during our December 10-17 cruise; however, it just seemed to cause some water on the deck (I noticed it when going to get pizza during nonport time) to go to the port side!

Hey Anne!! I figured he might not have made it to dinner... last I heard he was heading to CNC's :D But I did see you guys Tuesday night, captured the pic from the webcam... although half of the people we only saw arms and legs :p Enjoy your sea day!!!!

Miranda, although I am not booked on the Grand, Randy and I were talking about perhaps doing a group cruise if things went okay with this cruise (still waiting on the verdict from that!!!)... so I'd be interested in the listing as well... I read the whole thread, and I saw the "admiral's" reply, however, it only addressed the listing while tendering... not Anne's comment that there has been a slight list throughout the cruise... which is what I think Miranda was asking. I'd be interested in hearing about that as well...

From Host Anne's post:

As for the listing...the ship has had a slight list since we left Galveston although I must say that the list yesterday was very, very noticable. We weren't worried about it but it did seem odd that throughout the cruise, there has been a slight list to the ship overall.

Yes, that's what I'm wondering about too. I also wonder how a Princess employee has so much time to post while they are supposedly on the ship? It is just strange to me that Admiral Nelson is supposedly cruising the same time as a large cruise critic group but he has not introduced himself to anyone to verify his presence and corroborate his postings. I am not saying he's not an employee of some sort, just wondering if he is on the Grand at this time. :)

Host Anne wrote:

"If the Admiral checks in, can you tell us why we're experiencing a significant tilt to port side? We noticed it when we boarded in Galveston but it's gotten worse all week. Today it is very noticable. Just curious.

He answered many times about the ship leaning. He said it is when they are in port and to ease with the tendering process. Read the entire thread and you shall find the answer.

Yes, I have read the entire thread. I was not talking about the ship leaning while in port but Host Anne's comment that the ship has been leaning throughout the entire week.:)

I also wonder how a Princess employee has so much time to post while they are supposedly on the ship? It is just strange to me that Admiral Nelson is supposedly cruising the same time as a large cruise critic group but he has not introduced himself to anyone to verify his presence and corroborate his postings. I am not saying he's not an employee of some sort, just wondering if he is on the Grand at this time.

Why would he? And why would he want to? I sure wouldn't. I think we're very fortunate to have someone who would even go as far as he has to help. He has helped me. Thanks Admiral!

As to "time to post"--I live in a remote area which can seem like being at sea (go to town only once a week)--I use the internet to reach the outside world or just kill time. What's wrong with that?

BTW-the questions are retorical, don't want an answer or debate. Just IMHO

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!

Why would he? And why would he want to? I sure wouldn't. I think we're very fortunate to have someone who would even go as far as he has to help. He has helped me. Thanks Admiral!

As to "time to post"--I live in a remote area which can seem like being at sea (go to town only once a week)--I use the internet to reach the outside world or just kill time. What's wrong with that?

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!

People on this website have been known to make up false names...:)

Have a great cruise!:)

Guest AdmiralNelson
Yes, that's what I'm wondering about too. I also wonder how a Princess employee has so much time to post while they are supposedly on the ship? It is just strange to me that Admiral Nelson is supposedly cruising the same time as a large cruise critic group but he has not introduced himself to anyone to verify his presence and corroborate his postings. I am not saying he's not an employee of some sort, just wondering if he is on the Grand at this time.

Host Anne wrote:

"If the Admiral checks in, can you tell us why we're experiencing a significant tilt to port side? We noticed it when we boarded in Galveston but it's gotten worse all week. Today it is very noticeable. Just curious.

I'm sorry if you feel this way, maybe you can ask for a credit when you get onboard as some of the crew aren't doing their jobs instead, they are surfing the internet. I'm just wondering if you are all real passengers? I mean don't you people have jobs to go to, I mean you seem to spend a lot of time here??

As for the ship listing (which means leaning), the ship was listing to port in Playa and was listing to starboard in Cozumel. Why? In Playa we were on a southerly heading (although not underway) and in Cozumel we had a northerly heading (not underway) so the tilt, leaning or listing as it's been described was for tender assistance. As for right now whilst we are at sea. There is no list, not that we are aware of. Maybe Anne has broken a heel!

Guest AdmiralNelson

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!

Snoozeman, what cabin are you in tomorrow? I'll leave you a little something in your cabin.

People on this website have been known to make up false names...:)

Have a great cruise!:)

He's legit.

Thanks--I need to get away from the dust!! The water will be so good!!

It is so dry in central Texas. As I mentioned, I'm very rural and I'm wearing a neckerchief out on the ranch because it is so dry, windy, and dusty. (BTW-That's why cowboys always wore neckerchiefs) Wow, first time I've ever used the word neckerchief on the internet and I've done it 3 times. And we actually just call them Kerchiefs:)

Now if the C-C hosts leave the ship in working order--I'll be outta here!!;)

Admiral,

I was just reading up on these boards and noticed that you said you are going to be off for a couple of months. I am not sailing until March 11 which probably means you will already be gone. I was wondering if the next Admiral will be providing information on this board? You sure have been helpful to me, but it would be great to have information closer to my cruising date.

Thanks!:)

I have to agree with snoozeman on this one. With the passengers changing every week, the crew shouldn't be required to "get to know" someone. Their fellow crew members are their "family". While I enjoy watching the crew have fun at various bars in port, I know that is their time and would never infringe on that. They have a job to do, but they certainly aren't on duty 24 hours a day. However, I will be on the Grand in 2 weeks (Jan. 28th) and plan to get to know a few batenders, as I do on most cruises.

Ha Ha .... very funny, Admiral. It actually Laura who wears the "heels" in our group!!! I actually just finished a mile walk around the promenade deck. Too bad you weren't with us, Admiral. The list to port was significant! I'm sorry I didn't have my camera with me. Granted, the seas are a bit choppy today but I sure got a great workout going "up" the aft portion of the ship. So nice of you to put the extra tilt in to give me a better workout. Heaven knows after eating all the good food this week that we could use the extra challenge! Have a great time off....the crew certainly deserves their break when they come. No one works harder!As for being skeptical about sailing on Princess -- DON'T BE. I like to tell things like they honestly happen so that means giving you the good and the bad. But you are going to have that on any ship and any cruise line. Don't kid yourself to think that there is a perfect ship and line. There isn't. Overall, Princess does a great job and I think I've tried to assess this cruise fairly giving you the ups and the downs. But as I said earlier today, none of the downs has had a negative affect on our cruise experience. We've had a great time.As for the Admiral really being on board....only the Admiral knows....haven't seen nor met him. I'm sure you'll hear from Randy once he returns tomorrow. Laura is going to be writing a review as well. I'm sure you'll hear a variety of opinions. Just remember....everyone is different and enjoys different things about their cruise. Here's hoping everyone sailing on the Grand soon has a wonderful time! Off to enjoy the final afternoon!

Admiral......I know;) Hopefully you can help me on this one even though you'll be on Holiday by the time we get aboard. It appears that the Grand does not stock Tequila for purchase by the bottle or the .375ml stateroom setups. Is there any way this can be arranged prior to the 11th? Maybe some suggestions to the right people, or a buddy of yours to stash it for me. I really do tip well:D

Mike & of course Connie, formerly E729

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

I want to thank ALL of you for posting this week.......

My daughter called last night from the ship and I told her I probably know MORE of what went on their than she does.........LOL She said they were having a good time and she too was NOT making it to dinner after spending time at Carlo's..........LOL

Admiral.........I think it was great that you posted to let us know what was going on..........THANKS!

I'll miss checking everyday the webcam and this post.........

Hope you all have a safe journey home...........

Admiral.......have a great vacation........

Snoozeman, what cabin are you in tomorrow? I'll leave you a little something in your cabin.

Admiral, I'm still dissapointed you won't be on board the Grand during my cruise next November 25. Maybe you can hide a keychain or something in my cabin good enough so it's still there when I board:D

I hope you'll continue to participate in these boards. I really enjoy reading your posts (and I'm glad you haven't let a few curt posts drive you away). What ship will you be on when you're finished with your vacation?

Snooz, you'll have to let us know what he left you.:rolleyes:

Guest AdmiralNelson
Admiral, I'm still dissapointed you won't be on board the Grand during my cruise next November 25. Maybe you can hide a keychain or something in my cabin good enough so it's still there when I board:D

I hope you'll continue to participate in these boards. I really enjoy reading your posts (and I'm glad you haven't let a few curt posts drive you away). What ship will you be on when you're finished with your vacation?

Snooz, you'll have to let us know what he left you.:rolleyes:

You really should see somebody about your keychain fetish! Thanks to everyone who has read my posts. I understand the need for information, I am like that also so if I can help then I do.

I have no idea where I am going next, and I like it that way, otherwise I will spend my holiday trying to collect as much info as possible about it.

Just as an update, I can confirm that the new itinerary for cruise A603 is the same as the last cruise. So no GC, Playa instead. So will be as follows:

COSTA MAYA - 10.00-1900

BELIZE - 0630-1800

PLAYA DEL CARMEN - 0800-1800

COZUMEL - 0700-1700

Guest AdmiralNelson
Admiral......I know;) Hopefully you can help me on this one even though you'll be on Holiday by the time we get aboard. It appears that the Grand does not stock Tequila for purchase by the bottle or the .375ml stateroom setups. Is there any way this can be arranged prior to the 11th? Maybe some suggestions to the right people, or a buddy of yours to stash it for me. I really do tip well:D

Mike & of course Connie, formerly E729

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Not really my department, but I don't see any Tequila in the stores and that's the only place it can be purchesed. I noticed you have changed cabin to Dolphin deck... upgrade?

Just as an update, I can confirm that the new itinerary for cruise A603 is the same as the last cruise. So no GC, Playa instead. So will be as follows:

COSTA MAYA - 10.00-1900

BELIZE - 0630-1800

COZUMEL - 0700-1700

See, helped me again. I'm taking the better tour in Belize now for sure!!

Thanks for the update Admiral Nelson!!!

COSTA MAYA - 10.00-1900

BELIZE - 0630-1800

COZUMEL - 0700-1700

The ironic thing is I think this is a MUCH better itinerary than the one the Grand is scheduled to sail this season. It seems like having the extended time in the ports would make people less frantic trying to get on a tender and cram a lot of experiences into a short time. I wouldn't complain at all if they were still using this altered itinerary in March. Actually, I probably won't complain regardless of where we go, because I'll be on a ship and not at work! :D

Archived