Royal Princess M101 (DZ) - is the view very obstructed by the bridge?

AllureOfVacation

Princess first timer here!

We wanted to cruise with Princess for a long time and now we were able to get a more than reasonable rate for a segment of next years South American cruise on Royal Princess.

We secured a DZ cabin, M101 was the last one that was left.

On an aerial picture of the forward facing balconies I found on these boards I saw that the bridge takes some space in front of this and the balcony next to us. Is this very disturbing? I saw that there is also an antenna right in front of the balcony.

I would be very grateful if someone could share their view-experience of cabin M101. There are so many Lido Deck pictures and videos, but I have not found one of M101.

I know it is an obstructed cabin, but I would like to be prepared on what to expect.

Thank you

They consider this an obstructed view cabin because the bottom of the railing is steel and not glass like other balconies. You cannot set and see the ocean and at times cannot use the balcony because of wind while the ship is in motion. But as far as seeing around, it is OK. You may be asked to close your drapes at night because the light interferes with the bridge operations.

We just got off the Royal on Sunday. We had cabin M102. I must say that this was one of our favorite cabins on Princess especially considering the price. The balcony is spacious and the cabin is extremely quiet. You get no traffic in the hallway. As someone stated, the obstruction comes from the steel railing. While sitting, you get a little bit of an obstructed view, but it didn’t bother us at all. We would book this cabin again.

8689c3dd-0ae1-4171-ac27-293d6df143d8

I asked this question in another post but should have researched further because just read your post. I just tried to book M102 and the rep insisted that the balcony is locked when the ship is sailing. Is this true?

Most people have posted that it is not locked.

We sailed in this cabin in January 2017. It's not a bad cabin, but the view really was degraded by all the mechanical and nautical clutter as you look straight ahead. Just M101 and M102 have this problem. The forward facing cabins above and to the sides would be clear of the cluttered view.

The door to the large balcony will never be locked other than by the passenger. But wind might make the balcony unusable at times.

Jim

We just got off the Royal on Sunday. We had cabin M102. I must say that this was one of our favorite cabins on Princess especially considering the price. The balcony is spacious and the cabin is extremely quiet. You get no traffic in the hallway. As someone stated, the obstruction comes from the steel railing. While sitting, you get a little bit of an obstructed view, but it didn’t bother us at all. We would book this cabin again.

8689c3dd-0ae1-4171-ac27-293d6df143d8

Do the chairs on the balcony recline? And do you get an ottoman, too?

I asked this question in another post but should have researched further because just read your post. I just tried to book M102 and the rep insisted that the balcony is locked when the ship is sailing. Is this true?

Absolutely not. we have sailed in those cabins over 5 times and it has never been locked. Balconies are huge and the only obstruction is the railing is metal.