Kid friendly hotels in the Miami Beach/South Beach area?

jetta8300

We are flying into FLL on Oct 13 at 10:45 am, and our cruise doesn't leave until 4pm the next day from Miami. It will be myself, my husband, and our 5 year old son. South Beach looks really neat with the art deco hotels...but I'm wondering if this is a kid friendly area? I'm open to any suggestions as to better options as well. We want to stay in the $250-$350 per night area... and there are some pretty neat options somewhat close to Lincoln road such as the National Hotel, Royal Palms, or Hotel Marseilles? This will be a Saturday night stay, so that's something to consider. If it's adult party central.

If the Royal Palm is roughly the same price as the other two that would be my choice. It is in a roughly 2 block x 1 block patch of beachfront that has modern convention hotel facilities built into and around the remains of the original Art Deco hotels that stood there. Good views from the ocean-facing rooms, and should not be too noisy on a Saturday night.

(disclaimer: I may be biased towards this particular slice of South Beach as the Loews property next door to the Royal Palm incorporates the restored St Moritz hotel where my parents met 64 years ago this summer)

Nothing unacceptable about the location of the National either, and it is the only one of the three marked 'Kid Friendly' on the various hotel booking/review sites. All of these hotels have relatively small rooms (especially the bathrooms) relative to prices you may be used to paying; best to simply research which one has the best rooms that accommodate three. As long as you stay north of 14th street and south of 20th street you should be in a family-safe zone; if you should wander in the direction of 10th street beach, or (especially) 21st street beach, you will find yourself quickly covering your five year old's eyes.

I agree with Fishywood's description of South Beach hotel rooms and prices. Our son got married at the National in November 2016. You would probably want a cabana room for the additional space. All the wedding guests (from babies to 85 year olds) enjoyed the hotel - especially the 2 swimming pools that are as beautiful as they appear on the website, the bars and the beach. It is also within a half block to Lincoln Road Mall (https://lincolnroadmall.com/).

If the Royal Palm is roughly the same price as the other two that would be my choice. It is in a roughly 2 block x 1 block patch of beachfront that has modern convention hotel facilities built into and around the remains of the original Art Deco hotels that stood there. Good views from the ocean-facing rooms, and should not be too noisy on a Saturday night.

(disclaimer: I may be biased towards this particular slice of South Beach as the Loews property next door to the Royal Palm incorporates the restored St Moritz hotel where my parents met 64 years ago this summer)

Nothing unacceptable about the location of the National either, and it is the only one of the three marked 'Kid Friendly' on the various hotel booking/review sites. All of these hotels have relatively small rooms (especially the bathrooms) relative to prices you may be used to paying; best to simply research which one has the best rooms that accommodate three. As long as you stay north of 14th street and south of 20th street you should be in a family-safe zone; if you should wander in the direction of 10th street beach, or (especially) 21st street beach, you will find yourself quickly covering your five year old's eyes.

thank you so much for your recommendation! It sounds like the best fit for us. i really appreciate it!

I agree with Fishywood's description of South Beach hotel rooms and prices. Our son got married at the National in November 2016. You would probably want a cabana room for the additional space. All the wedding guests (from babies to 85 year olds) enjoyed the hotel - especially the 2 swimming pools that are as beautiful as they appear on the website, the bars and the beach. It is also within a half block to Lincoln Road Mall (https://lincolnroadmall.com/).

The national does look like another fantastic option! There's so many fees associated with these south beach hotels... you think you're paying one price and the total ends up being well over $400 per night.