Making reservations on Epic for dining and shows, when are dress up nights in MDR?

123linz123

Making reservations on Epic for dining and shows, when are dress up nights in MDR?

Trying to arrange shows and upscale dining nights to not clash with dress up nights.

Is there an upscale menu for dress up nights?

Thank you for any input.

L

You can dress up or not any night. While usually the first sea day is designated as dress up or not night, most people (66%) don't participate. There is no special menu that night like on many cruise lines.

Making reservations on Epic for dining and shows, when are dress up nights in MDR? Trying to arrange shows and upscale dining nights to not clash with dress up nights. Is there an upscale menu for dress up nights?

Thank you for any input. L

There are no formal dress up nights on NCL ships. NCL embraces the freestyle concept of "dress up or not" On the Epic, shorts and polo shirts are allowed in all dining rooms for all meals except the Manhattan Room and Le Bistro. In the Manhattan Room and Le Bistro, the ship kindly asks that you have on long pants (jeans, dockers). Suits and ties are becoming rare on NCL ships. But, for those who like to dress up, they won't feel out of place.

Since there are no formal dress up nights, there are no special menus.

Dinner and show reservations open 120 days prior to sailing. Specialty dining reservations are required. Prime time dining will sell out quickly. The main theater shows, Priscilla and Burn The Floor only preform on two nights on a 7-night cruise, so booking those first, and working dining around them is the way to go.

Let me add this: don't take the concept of Freestyle anything goes too seriously in either direction. You can wear shorts and a Tshirt to the dining room but you will feel horrifically awkward and only do it one time. Women dress at night- by which I mean a light sundress and wedges or capris and sandals and a nicer shirt. No one eating anywhere besides the buffet will be in super casual clothes. Men will want long pants and a collared short of some sort. Other end- very few ladies had on stilettos and the only time men had a jacket on was the first night for pictures. You would look absurd in formal or cocktail attire on any night.

Let me add this: don't take the concept of Freestyle anything goes too seriously in either direction. You can wear shorts and a Tshirt to the dining room but you will feel horrifically awkward and only do it one time. Women dress at night- by which I mean a light sundress and wedges or capris and sandals and a nicer shirt. No one eating anywhere besides the buffet will be in super casual clothes. Men will want long pants and a collared short of some sort. Other end- very few ladies had on stilettos and the only time men had a jacket on was the first night for pictures. You would look absurd in formal or cocktail attire on any night.

Umm no. I have been wearing shorts at cagneys tons of times and felt great and not awkward at all.

A bit wide of the mark there.

You'll see men in shorts and tees every night and i don't think my wife owns a pair of capris. She seems to get by just fine in shorts as well.

Dress how you like, long trousers in a couple of places, and feel comfortable. Nobody will judge, and who cares if they do!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk